No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko Now Targets The WBC World Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chunk.. View Post
    Heard it all before. Fury's already ducked out of a fight with Wlad once already. Keeps telling Wlad he's ''not ready yet''. Pulev, Chisora and co only want the fight unless Wlad sets them up for life ££££.
    This isn't true.

Chisora already signed to fight Wlad who pulled out twice leaving Chisora out of the ring for a year. He then fought Vitali in Germany, he'd fight anyone, we know that about him.

Kubrat Pulev is waiting for his mandatory to be enforced. They all want the Klitschko fight, it's the money fight in the division and it's where the title are.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      TNB Rankings

2. Kubrat Pulev
      3. Alexander Povetkin
      3. Tomasz Adamek
      4. Tyson Fury
      5. Tony Thompson (twice)
      6. Bermane Stiverne
      7. Robert Helenius
      8. Cristobal Arreola
      9. Dereck Chisora
      10. Mike Perez

Ring Rankings

1. Kubrat Pulev
      2. Alexander Povetkin
      3. Tomasz Adamek
      4. Bermane Stiverne
      5. Tyson Fury
      6. Robert Helenius
      7. Chris Arreola
      8. Odlanier Solis
      9. Ruslan Chagaev
      10. Deontay Wilder
      As a Wlad fan I am not happy with his next opponent and I surly wasn't happy with the Povetkin fight. And why? Because he could have knocked out Povetkin when ever he wanted to. As far as your list is concerned it is true but it doesn't tell the whole story. And this is why.

Just by looking over Wlad's opponents at least 15 and possibly 17 of them where in Ring's top ten when he fought them. Just one question? How many other heavyweights in the last ten years can make that claim? Other then Vitali non of them can make that claim.

Comment

Yep that's what Wladimir should do, get the WBC title as well.

Comment

Kubrat Pulev is waiting for his mandatory to be enforced. They all want the Klitschko fight, it's the money fight in the division and it's where the title are.
          The biggest money fight for Wladimir right now either Tyson Fury in the UK or Tomasz Adamek in Poland. He won't make as much fighting Kubrat Pulev, although it would do well in Bulgaria where Kubrat's a household name.

Fighting Deontay Wilder or Chris Arreola in the USA would make for a decent payday.

Leapai would likely be the lowest paying fight, although it would do well in TV ratings as always in Ukraine and Germany. There could be Australian PPV money too.
          Last edited by The Hammer; 12-18-2013, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            rahman? he fought rahman about 5 years after he left the rankings and you include him like some sort of legit win? gtfo!
            Maybe it slipped your memory but Rahman wasn't Wlad's first choice. The Rock replaced Povetkin when he pulled out of the Wlad fight. Rahman was also still ranked in the Ring's top ten when he lost to Maskaev in 2006 and Wlad knocked him out in 2008. So if your going to complain and make statements at the very least they should be accurate statements.

Comment

He fought Pianeta promptly, Mormeck, Wach without being "the guy" and I'm not sure they were mandatories either. These are the fights he opts to take while holding 4 belts the other top fighters aren't able to get a shot at. It's the fans who lose out because a lot of other good fights could be made with belts on the line.

Holding 4 of 5 belts as HW champ he's the number one fighter in the sport, you'd think he'd have to face strong opponents. To be considered so dominant in a division, how many of the top 10 in his has he actually faced?

TNB Rankings

2. Kubrat Pulev
              3. Alexander Povetkin
              3. Tomasz Adamek
              4. Tyson Fury
              5. Tony Thompson (twice)
              6. Bermane Stiverne
              7. Robert Helenius
              8. Cristobal Arreola
              9. Dereck Chisora
              10. Mike Perez

Ring Rankings

1. Kubrat Pulev
              2. Alexander Povetkin
              3. Tomasz Adamek
              4. Bermane Stiverne
              5. Tyson Fury
              6. Robert Helenius
              7. Chris Arreola
              8. Odlanier Solis
              9. Ruslan Chagaev
              10. Deontay Wilder

They'd all love the Klitschko shot. Pulev, Chisora, Fury...all of them. As Fury will tell you, it's the only fight there's any money in in the HW division.

They're trying to get the vacant WBC belts because Wlad won't give them a shot at the other main belts, preferring to fight Pianeta, Mormeck, Wach and Leapai etc.

Hell Vitali just sat on the WBC for 14 months after defending against the mighty Manuel Charr, only giving it up when the WBC finally took action.
              Great post

The HW division needs wlad to man up and box the best and most deserving

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                Agreed..........
                Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                You do realize that Breaking and Entering is Class E felony in most states, don't you?
                Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
                Wlad starches that woman beater.
                lol you guys are funny as ****

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
                  I really hope Grabimir doesn't get his boring hands on the WBC belt.
                  I'd usually agree but not in this way of giving it to someone else. Lets have a great fighter beat Vladimir for it in the ring, not facing some other chump for it.

I know these other imposters will do anything in there power not to face Vlad and that's wrong. Let's have one champion that people actually have to face to call themselves a champion.

Comment

As a Wlad fan I am not happy with his next opponent and I surly wasn't happy with the Povetkin fight. And why? Because he could have knocked out Povetkin when ever he wanted to.
                    Wlad actually showed his frustration by trying to garner knockdowns by literally throwing Povetkin to the ground repeatedly. He wanted to get him out of there, but he couldn't. Povetkin had too much heart and bull strength despite being up against the ineptitude of referee Pabon as well as Klitschko. He didn't win, but he deserves some credit as he was up against it.

How many other heavyweights in the last ten years can make that claim? Other then Vitali none of them can make that claim.
                    They held the titles, the champion should be fighting the best regularly the guys below can't secure the big fights so easily. If Floyd started fighting guys outside the top 10 in the division there would be uproar, just look at the backlash over the prospect of Khan and he's a 2-weight world champ. There is constant pressure for him to fight the next best guy, and that's how it should be.

I don't mind Wlad, I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot at the WBC either but the way things have been playing out is having detrimental effect on the division.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 12-18-2013, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Maybe it slipped your memory but Rahman wasn't Wlad's first choice. The Rock replaced Povetkin when he pulled out of the Wlad fight. Rahman was also still ranked in the Ring's top ten when he lost to Maskaev in 2006 and Wlad knocked him out in 2008. So if your going to complain and make statements at the very least they should be accurate statements.
                      rahman had been out of the rankings for over 2 years happy? he was a bum and freedom pretended like it was a legit win which it was not. wlad fights nothing but shot bums, tomato cans, or fatasses. the couple times he fought someone the least bit dangerous he hugged them for dear life the entire fight like haye and povetkin. he wouldn't even fight chisora because he was scared of his pressure style. him and his brother were running a racket picking and choosing which guys to fight based on styles. frauds.

Comment

Working...
                      X