No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Brushes Off Problem: Post-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana Brushes Off Problem: Post-Fight Report Card

Outside the ring, Adrien Broner mimics Floyd Mayweather. Inside the ring on Saturday night, boxing fans saw Andre Berto redux.

They also saw the value of being a hard-nosed professional, taking tough fights consistently, and becoming the better for it. There was mass elation throughout social media, and what appears an infinite stream of memes for the occasion. It wasn’t just the comprehensive ass kicking Broner took.

It was who delivered it.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Outside the ring, Adrien Broner mimics Floyd Mayweather. Inside the ring on Saturday night, boxing fans saw Andre Berto redux.

They also saw the value of being a hard-nosed professional, taking tough fights consistently, and becoming the better for it. There was mass elation throughout social media, and what appears an infinite stream of memes for the occasion. It wasn’t just the comprehensive ass kicking Broner took.

It was who delivered it.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Constantly calling him Berto made this a hilarious read.

Comment

The reason why I and so many people wants Floyd vs Pacman

Maidana proved me right that styles makes fights and Floyd vs Pacman can turn out like Maidana vs Broner. I love my boy Floyd and I felt bad for Broner. Volume punchers beats defensive boxers like Floyd. Manny throws volumes of punches. If I were vivid Floyd fanboys, I'd hold my tongue just a little bit more. Broner was kicked when he was down. Ouch. Broner will rebound though. He's still young and he's a great boxer just like Floyd. I don't mind seeing Pac vs Maidana as well. Awesome fight.

Comment

I wonder how many people put on Broner winning this fight..... I actually thought he would win on points and out box Maidana. Glad I was wrong. Like Paulie said Broner thinks he is the best fighter and above everyone in the Welterweight division but he's not. He's is in the mix with them not above. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

I think Broner is an ass and hides under the banner I'm a little Mayweater. But some of the writers and people on this blog have lost any perspective or you just have no knowledge of boxing. Broner moved up two weight classes... And was only 144 for the fight. If he moves back down he still dominates. He is just not a welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rok4 View Post
            I think Broner is an ass and hides under the banner I'm a little Mayweater. But some of the writers and people on this blog have lost any perspective or you just have no knowledge of boxing. Broner moved up two weight classes... And was only 144 for the fight. If he moves back down he still dominates. He is just not a welterweight.
            I saw someone yesterday say he was 165 on fight night maybe i read wrong. Which one is it though?

Comment

It's so funny to hear guys saying that Maidana beating broner showed them that manny will beat Floyd because volume punchers beat defensive fighters....here's a ****ing wake up call, Maidana has lost to defensive fighters who shut his offense down...thats what Devon did and Devon isn't even that good. Broner claims to be Mayweather but here's another fact for u...he's no where near as strong and smart and fast and experienced as Floyd...Floyd's the greatest fighter of our generation. Here's another fact, Manny is a volume puncher, and when he comes up against Marquez who's a thinking counterpuncher his avg punches per round drops from 70-80 all the way down to 50 everytime...Floyd ain't Broner, Floyd knows how to make guys hesitate and think and second guess and miss all their punches and get discouraged...Broner got caught with LEAD left hooks from round 1 to round 12...there was no defense to discourage Maidana, he didnt even have to throw with volume to get to him, his singles got there too. If you hit Floyd on the other hand with one shot, thats the last time u land it all night, he systematically studies u and breaks u down till u have no arsenal left and when you're unarmed he goes to work picking at every flaw in your armour...DONT EVER COMPARE FLOYD VS ANYONE TO BRONER VS MAIDANA AGAIN IF YOU WANNA HAVE AN OUNCE OF CREDIBILITY AND RESPECT LEFT AMONGST BOXING FANS

Comment

Originally posted by PennyAnd1 View Post
                Maidana proved me right that styles makes fights and Floyd vs Pacman can turn out like Maidana vs Broner. I love my boy Floyd and I felt bad for Broner. Volume punchers beats defensive boxers like Floyd. Manny throws volumes of punches. If I were vivid Floyd fanboys, I'd hold my tongue just a little bit more. Broner was kicked when he was down. Ouch. Broner will rebound though. He's still young and he's a great boxer just like Floyd. I don't mind seeing Pac vs Maidana as well. Awesome fight.
                Volume punchers beat defensive boxers? Really? So I'm guessing you would pick Kiko Martinez to beat Rigo, right? Wrong? Then what the eff are you talking about?

Broner is Broner, Maidana is Maidana, Floyd is Floyd ands Pac is Pac. Their styles are nothing alike, and Maidana beating Broner says absolutely nothing about how Floyd vs Pac would go.
                Last edited by Black Barty; 12-17-2013, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
                  It's so funny to hear guys saying that Maidana beating broner showed them that manny will beat Floyd because volume punchers beat defensive fighters....here's a ****ing wake up call, Maidana has lost to defensive fighters who shut his offense down...thats what Devon did and Devon isn't even that good. Broner claims to be Mayweather but here's another fact for u...he's no where near as strong and smart and fast and experienced as Floyd...Floyd's the greatest fighter of our generation. Here's another fact, Manny is a volume puncher, and when he comes up against Marquez who's a thinking counterpuncher his avg punches per round drops from 70-80 all the way down to 50 everytime...Floyd ain't Broner, Floyd knows how to make guys hesitate and think and second guess and miss all their punches and get discouraged...Broner got caught with LEAD left hooks from round 1 to round 12...there was no defense to discourage Maidana, he didnt even have to throw with volume to get to him, his singles got there too. If you hit Floyd on the other hand with one shot, thats the last time u land it all night, he systematically studies u and breaks u down till u have no arsenal left and when you're unarmed he goes to work picking at every flaw in your armour...DONT EVER COMPARE FLOYD VS ANYONE TO BRONER VS MAIDANA AGAIN IF YOU WANNA HAVE AN OUNCE OF CREDIBILITY AND RESPECT LEFT AMONGST BOXING FANS
                  You forgot the wild card, Maidana throws from strange angles all night. Or maybe you didn't notice that. He has so many different unusual punches, he wouldn't have to do much of anything in the way of repeats. Not saying he'd beat Floydie, but he would probably bust him up worse than Cotto did.

Comment

I wouldnt call him a Berto yet. More like a A jeff Lacy IMO! We will see!

Comment

Working...
                    X