No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Brushes Off Problem: Post-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PennyAnd1 View Post
    I laugh at this, because if that fight told you anything it's the lower version of Maidana vs Pacquiao. Sure Broner isn't near FLoyd's level, but so is Maidana is not near Pac's level.

But if you look a little closer, you could see how different angles buffled a defensive style that Broner copied from FLoyd. Left bombs we're landing at will. Floyd is just as quick as Broner, Pac is faster than Maidana. Broner has chin than Floyd, and Pac is more of a freak than Maidana. All the facts are said, go figure.
    You're a ****ing fool if you think u can compare and judge fights like that. But even by ur ******ed logic the fact still remains, Marquez outboxed and shut manny down 4 ****ing times and Floyd is bigger faster stronger smarter and more intelligent...so good job numb nuts you're still wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
      You're a ****ing fool if you think u can compare and judge fights like that. But even by ur ******ed logic the fact still remains, Marquez outboxed and shut manny down 4 ****ing times and Floyd is bigger faster stronger smarter and more intelligent...so good job numb nuts you're still wrong.
      A ****** like you don't know WTF i'm talking about. I agree with you that Floyd was intelligent not to fight Pacman. Seriously, man I'm fed up with Floyd. I was his number 1 fan, till he continued to play duck duck goose with the Pacman. You missed out on my point if you thought I was all about comparing. It's about styles makes fights. You must be an idiot if you think JMM outbox Pac in their last fight. Why do you think JMM is also avoiding another fight with Pac. Logic sense amigos, logic sense.

Comment

No JMM looked stiff as **** in their last fight since bulking up, it did him no good and he was way worse than the other fights yet manny still hopped into that pole and got himself knocked out. Trust me that was as much a case of JMM beefing up and being old that he couldn't outbox Manny. And no I'm not saying Floyd WILL outbox Manny, he CAN lose but its got NOTHING to do with what u saw Saturday night so dont draw comparisons. Problem is these guys have one style and thats why styles makes fights, Floyd doenst have a style he just adapts and fights every guy different. And Manny is the only other person thats in their prime that i also consider special outsid of Floyd (although Floyd is still a level above him) and yes i think Manny is his only threat despite how ****ing good Floyd is...but like i said what pissed me off is ppl thinking Broner losing to Maidana got **** to do with Floyd vs Manny. That logic dont fly in boxing especially when ur talking about Floyd

Comment

Geez, Cliff must be in the holiday spirit or he just can't bear to give out failing grades. How the hell does Broner get anything but a fat F on defense? I've seen MMA fighters who slip punches better than Broner did.

Comment

Originally posted by PennyAnd1 View Post
            A ****** like you don't know WTF i'm talking about. I agree with you that Floyd was intelligent not to fight Pacman. Seriously, man I'm fed up with Floyd. I was his number 1 fan, till he continued to play duck duck goose with the Pacman. You missed out on my point if you thought I was all about comparing. It's about styles makes fights. You must be an idiot if you think JMM outbox Pac in their last fight. Why do you think JMM is also avoiding another fight with Pac. Logic sense amigos, logic sense.
            P.s. No one buys that i was his number 1 fan bull****. If you know anything you would know that Arum would never and has always personally gotten in the way of the Floyd fight and Manny could have listened and took the money and fought Floyd without Arum but he chose to stay and continue getting ripped off by Arum and Kancz and build up his tax debts and barely sell PPVs and make less than 20 mil a fight lol

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
              P.s. No one buys that i was his number 1 fan bull****. If you know anything you would know that Arum would never and has always personally gotten in the way of the Floyd fight and Manny could have listened and took the money and fought Floyd without Arum but he chose to stay and continue getting ripped off by Arum and Kancz and build up his tax debts and barely sell PPVs and make less than 20 mil a fight lol

First you speak for Floyd now you speak for me? No thanx man, you ain't legit for that. You're missing lots of facts.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
                Geez, Cliff must be in the holiday spirit or he just can't bear to give out failing grades. How the hell does Broner get anything but a fat F on defense? I've seen MMA fighters who slip punches better than Broner did.
                He slipped and held enough to avoid getting KOd when he was getting beat up. Had to count for something. F…man, F's are hard for me to give. Even bad nights, pros at this level are doing better than that.

Or it's Christmas.

One of those.

Comment

Great writing Cliff

You sort out the truth of Saturday night, and gave a good account of the events of another good GBP card!
                  Also call Maidana "the Truth Machine". He opened up a can of whup-ass on Broner from pillar, to post!
                  Great job Cliff!

Also, would Broner be damage goods after this one?? Will he go back to the "can-man" and fighting tomato cans, or maybe go down to 140, were the "real killers" are in the welters...... He can't even make Paulie blink at 147.

But one thing, & Cliff even said it. He could have folded his tent when the tough got going, but he hung in there & took the pounding from El-Chino, were lesser bums like V.Ortiz would have quit on his stool!

Comment

i dont know about anyone else, but i though it was pretty funny watchin this complete c0ck get knocked around the ring for 12 rnds.
                    well done maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                      He slipped and held enough to avoid getting KOd when he was getting beat up. Had to count for something. F…man, F's are hard for me to give. Even bad nights, pros at this level are doing better than that.

Or it's Christmas.

One of those.
                      Okay, but I just think that if a C is the floor then say so. For a guy who claims to be from the same cloth as FMJ, I think AB's defensive performance that night should be graded at least a D. Maidana is a pretty awkward dude, but many of those shots that he landed did so only because Broner left himself wide open and didn't have the balance or reflexes to slip them.

Comment

Working...
                      X