No announcement yet.

Ariza responds to napkin controversy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ariza responds to napkin controversy

Ariza right off the bat chuckled. The "napkins," he explained, were pieces of gauze. "Maidana wanted to blow his nose," Ariza explained. So, that's what he did, he stated. And did he put anything in Maidanas' mouth? "No, of course not," he said. "People like to make drama. It was nothing. We shouldn't take away from the fighters' performance. He did all the work. We didn't do anything illegal."
    He also claims they were tested by USADA. Never heard about this before the fight.
    Maidana was tested in his locker room after the bout, Ariza said. USADA administered the test, which included a blood and urine sample, Ariza told me. And will he pass? "Yes, of course," Ariza said.
    http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...uth-of-maidana

I don't know where people saw him put something in his mouth. I saw him put something in his nose.

Comment

The Boner Broner Brothers are desperate

Comment

Aiza is a ****in scum. Garcia better get rid of this clown.

Comment

I have worked many corners as a trainer. I can tell you that I use a towel to blow my fighters nose, not gauze but it's not unheard of.

I also don't think Ariza is that stupid to do something like that on camera. He turned to block the camera, or so that's the accusation but you have no clue what the camera is focusing in on.

I think it's nothing to be honest and the fact Broners fans are even bringing this up, shows how salty they are over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            I have worked many corners as a trainer. I can tell you that I use a towel to blow my fighters nose, not gauze but it's not unheard of.

I also don't think Ariza is that stupid to do something like that on camera. He turned to block the camera, or so that's the accusation but you have no clue what the camera is focusing in on.

I think it's nothing to be honest and the fact Broners fans are even bringing this up, shows how salty they are over it.
            Wow, you sound really smart bro! Type out more stuff.

Comment

Maidana went in last night fought a great fight and desserves all the credit and praise. His win should not be tainted over this because the controversial ones were clearly Broner and the ref. Broner used illegal and dirty tactics all night and everyone should take notice of it. Further more Laurence Cole should never be allowed to ref a fight again for allowing Broner to get away with everything he did and even helping him out with deducting a point from Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Ironically, it was Maidana fans who first made threads about it.

Comment

They hired USADA just to administer one blood test after the fight....that ain't random testing.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                    They hired USADA just to administer one blood test after the fight....that ain't random testing.
                    Let's say Ariza gave him a banned substance in the 11th round, don't you think it stays in the blood or urine enough for USADA to catch it after the fight? I'm no chemist, but I think it would.

Comment

Working...
                    X