Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermain Taylor’s Next Bout Could Come Jan. 25 in D.C.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermain Taylor’s Next Bout Could Come Jan. 25 in D.C.

Former middleweight champion Jermain Taylor could continue his comeback with a Jan. 25 appearance in Washington, D.C., on the undercard of a show featuring Lamont Peterson vs. Dierry Jean and Gabriel Rosado vs. Jermell Charlo.

That’s according to Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions, who said he will speak with Taylor and his adviser, Al Haymon.

Taylor, 35, scored a seventh-round stoppage of J.C. Candelo on Dec. 14 in San Antonio, bringing his record to 32-4-1 with 20 KOs. [Click Here To Read More]

Jermaine Taylor, I got some advice for you....retire. Why ? because your time has passed, you got brutally knocked out a couple of times and a brain bleed, I am not a doctor just someone with common sense.

Comment

QUillin, here we come.
      At least he's getting fights in instead of straight out of retirement

Comment

Let the man do what he wants to do for christsakes. He's smart enough and obviously grown up enough to make his own decisions. At least for now, these low level fights are no threat anyway... with the possible exception of the Truax fight which was a flash knockdown anyway. I'm sure he'll retire when he's ready.

I like Taylor's attitude about all this anyway. He doesn't care about legacy or any of that fluffy crapola, he just wants to make a living. Can't fault a man for that. What's he supposed to do, wear a duck suit and sell used cars?

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          Let the man do what he wants to do for christsakes. He's smart enough and obviously grown up enough to make his own decisions. At least for now, these low level fights are no threat anyway... with the possible exception of the Truax fight which was a flash knockdown anyway. I'm sure he'll retire when he's ready.

I like Taylor's attitude about all this anyway. He doesn't care about legacy or any of that fluffy crapola, he just wants to make a living. Can't fault a man for that. What's he supposed to do, wear a duck suit and sell used cars?
          The guy had a subdural haematoma, a brain bleed, he doesn't need to be taking punches to the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            The guy had a subdural haematoma, a brain bleed, he doesn't need to be taking punches to the head.
            I know what happened. I follow the sport. I also know it's all his choice, and he isn't in tough, at least now he isn't. I just think, in his case at least, he will quit at the right time.

Comment

I hope he's making the right decision

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                I've heard this before. Why is he getting licensed then? Joe Mesi suffered a similar injury but was never cleared to fight in NY, NV, CA or any other prominent boxing states

Comment

JT is the next boxing tragedy waiting 2 happen...he shouldn't b fighting...

Comment

Jermaine needs to let it go. He might get seriously hurt.

Comment

Working...
                    X