Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd on Meeting with Pac Man "He Beat a Light Wait Now They're Saying he's Back"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You did crack jokes Floyd, you said he was still asleep on numerous occasions. Otherwise, he's right, Pacquiao is only one fight removed from a knockout loss, but he's still a good fighter and the public is still interested.

Besides, when Manny got knocked out Floyd said "Pacquiao needs A FEW tune-up fights to get himself back," so I kind of expected him to say something along these lines.

Comment

If he believes that Pac's financial problems are prompting to him (Pac) to beg for the fight, then why not make fight as you would have all the leverage in getting the biggest cut of the purse and revenue? Floyd makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
        I really doubt that he has real money issues. If anything, there could be more volatility with Floyd's wealth years from now, like with all rich Athletes who don't know when to pull the plug and start living more frugally.

Manny is politically connected now. He is in "the club" so to speak and will never go broke or end up being on the streets ever again.
        Look at the document below and then repeat again that Pacquaio does not have financial issues. That's $18 million the IRS is after.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          Look at the document below and then repeat again that Pacquaio does not have financial issues. That's $18 million the IRS is after.

He also needed to borrow money just to donate for Typhoon aid.

Comment

Does it matter man? We're boxing fans, all we're interested in is watching the two of them fight.

Comment

We know Manny is in deep **** but what does it have to do with the fight?? Shouldn't mayweather be more eager to negotiate because he has all the leverage in negotiations? This excuse does not make any ****ing sense and when pac beats bradley and does good numbers mayweather will lowball him again.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                You did crack jokes Floyd, you said he was still asleep on numerous occasions. Otherwise, he's right, Pacquiao is only one fight removed from a knockout loss, but he's still a good fighter and the public is still interested.

Besides, when Manny got knocked out Floyd said "Pacquiao needs A FEW tune-up fights to get himself back," so I kind of expected him to say something along these lines.
                This is what he said after Pacquaio got knocked out...

"I'm not here to talk bad about Pacquiao. I feel bad for him, honestly. I really feel bad for him. There's a difference in the ways you can get knocked out. See, when a guy gets knocked out and he can get up, they sit him on his stool, they rub his back, he go home and ice himself, you know, he go to the hospital and get checked out and he's okay, that's one thing. But when you gotta wake a guy up with smelling salt and he got a concussion and he gotta go to the hospital over night, that's crucial. I mean, that's close to the death."

"Hopefully he's okay. My prayers go out to the Pacquiao family. I know he loves the sport of boxing, so hopefully he can bounce back."

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Does it matter man? We're boxing fans, all we're interested in is watching the two of them fight.

right? whether one is broke or not, what we have here is Floyd trying to kill the hype of a fight he doesn't want

Comment

It's irrelevant. Now, if this exact same thing happened to Floyd, it would be a different story. Because Floyd is a an athlete, a celebrity. Pacquiao is now more than that.

He is never gonna be poor again.

Comment

i can picture pac and guerrero debuting their 24/7 on the christian channel.

if it ever happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X