Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd on Meeting with Pac Man "He Beat a Light Wait Now They're Saying he's Back"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Because the fight is dead, for good or bad reason, and on top of that it's no longer meaningful.

It takes two to make a fight, I don't care what Arum says, he's a self-admitted liar. The two promoters will not do business with each other anytime soon, so unless one of the fighters leaves his promoter, forget about it.

It's time to move on now, you'll never date your celebrity crush, you'll never be on Forbes billionaires list, Santa doesn't exist, and the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight will never happen.
    It doesn't work like that, the fight is meaningful as long as the fans want to see it. Flomos can pretend otherwise to back their man but public demand drives this sport and as long as there is demand and both boxers are still fighting at a high level they're going to continue to be asked these questions (and rightly so). It's still the biggest fight that can be made in the entire sport.

Pacquiao gets asked these questions too, but he deals with them differently, he says "I want the fight, what is he scared of?", tells you all you need to know.

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
    I don't know why Floyd doesn't just come out and say it as he did before. If Bob Arum is involved, there's no fight.
    Because it was just an excuse from the get-go. Floyd's a promoter (of sorts) now too, it probably won't be that long until he deals with Top Rank again.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 12-14-2013, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Floyd just got put into the sad category.

He'll never be an ATG in my book. EVER. **** that dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        It doesn't work like that, the fight is meaningful as long as the fans want to see it. Flomos can pretend otherwise to back their man but public demand drives this sport and as long as there is demand and both boxers are still fighting at a high level they're going to continue to be asked these questions (and rightly so).

Pacquiao gets asked these questions too, but he deals with them differently, he says "I want the fight, what is he scared of?", tells you all you need to know.
        I agree with you that it's still a meaningful fight. Everyone still wanted to see it, even before the Rios win.

I think there's just too many egos involved though for the fight to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          It doesn't work like that, the fight is meaningful as long as the fans want to see it. Flomos can pretend otherwise to back their man but public demand drives this sport and as long as there is demand and both boxers are still fighting at a high level they're going to continue to be asked these questions (and rightly so).

After PAC v JMM 3 in the ring while getting booed PAC says May 5th let's go then arum enters ring and it's back to up to my promoter. That should tell you all you need to know.

Comment

• does anyone suspect....that mayweather actually has lots of respect for manny...

Comment

• I got quite an education reading some of these post. 1. If you're a politician in the Philippines you're set for life. 2. If you're Floyd Mayweather it doesn't matter how much money you make in your life, you'll be broke in 5 years.

I didn't find anything wrong with what Mayweather said. 99% percent of the people that have a problem with it is only because it's coming from Mayweather. If the situations were reversed and Mayweather all of sudden says he's taking a trip to the Philippines to meet with Pacquiao, this site would crash instantly from the "fans" talking bad about Mayweather. That same 99% would be urging Pacquiao not to meet with Mayweather much less give him a shot at a fight.

This is just another indication that the fight is a long way from happening if it's happening at all.

Comment

• The only thing more pathetic than these excuses he keeps coming up with in order to avoid the fight is the fan boys who actually defend him and his excuses. If my favorite fighter came up with half the excuses floyd has, I'd say he was a straight bich and no longer support him.

Comment

• Such a great fighter and winnable fight for Floyd....but he still doesn't want it. Sadly seems just as bad as Arum..

Do us fans justice and sign the fight already.....or at least do as much as you can to get the fight

Comment

• "Light Wait" - Was this a deliberate Pun by Floyd?

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                      I got quite an education reading some of these post. 1. If you're a politician in the Philippines you're set for life. 2. If you're Floyd Mayweather it doesn't matter how much money you make in your life, you'll be broke in 5 years.

I didn't find anything wrong with what Mayweather said. 99% percent of the people that have a problem with it is only because it's coming from Mayweather. If the situations were reversed and Mayweather all of sudden says he's taking a trip to the Philippines to meet with Pacquiao, this site would crash instantly from the "fans" talking bad about Mayweather. That same 99% would be urging Pacquiao not to meet with Mayweather much less give him a shot at a fight.

This is just another indication that the fight is a long way from happening if it's happening at all.
                      What he said is the truth. The only issue is he's contradicting the **** out of himself should he choose Tomato Khan.

Comment

Working...
                      X