Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What score do you give to a fighter who was knocked down but won the round?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    I don't understand the 10-9 concept for the person who dropped the guy. A knockdown is a deduction of 1 point, not 2. The idea of making it 10-9 gives the guy that got the knockdown 2 points. If a knockdown is worth 1 point and that guy who is knocked down wins the round then it should be evened up(both men with a point reduction. 1 for the knockdown, and the other 1 for losing the round). This is why I would score it 9 to 9.

You don't have to score it off 10 points regardless if it is a 10 point must system. For example if multiple knockdowns to each fighter happen you can easily have a 9 to 8 round. For example Maidana V Ortiz.
    yep, the 10-point must system simply means the winner of the round gets 10 points (or if it's a draw, both fighters get 10 points). the only time a 10-point round isn't awarded is if both fighters are penalized by the referee

if both fighters drop their opponent in the same round, you default back to standard 10-9 scoring

people here don't quite understand what "10-point must" system means, not surprising from NSB

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      By winning the round, the winner scored 10-9. By being dropped, he loses a point, which makes it 9-9. There is nothing complicated about it.

Judges who score 10-8 for a KD even if the guy lost the round, are wrong. But in boxing there are many unqualified officials. And they are the reason for so many bad decisions.
      except most judges believe that a knock down is of greater significance than dominating 2:59 of a round, hence why most judges NEVER do 9-9 rounds

Comment

So in reality you are giving a fighter 2 points when they score a knockdown. At 10-8 if the fighter that is knocked down wins the round he gets it to 10-9(1 point) but still trails by another point. I don't like that at all.
        The fighter who wins the round is entitled to get 10 points, the loser 9 (unless he's battered so badly that it becomes an 8). But if the rd winner is KD he loses a point, (the one who suffered the KD loses a point -the KDer doesn't gain a point).

The result for a round winner who was KD is 9-9. (I've seen 9-8 rounds).

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
          So where are you basing this from? If you could point me towards something, like a governing body rulebook, i'd be grateful.

I can see where you are coming from with this logic, however, like I posted above....how do you win a round if you were knocked down?

As for the 9-9 thing, you may want to have a read up on the 10-point must system. It's peculiar, but it works
          It's a bit confusing but think of it like a 10-10 round, with the guy who was knocked down losing a point for the knockdown and the round being scored 10-9 as a result.

Or alternatively you can think of it as the guy who was knocked down earning a point back.

Comment

So in reality you are giving a fighter 2 points when they score a knockdown. At 10-8 if the fighter that is knocked down wins the round he gets it to 10-9(1 point) but still trails by another point. I don't like that at all.
            Kind of, it's up to the judge. Thing is that you don't score the Round and KD separately, the KD is part of the round, but you also get a point for it

So I can't really see how a guy can win a round so good that its better then getting a KD

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Most of the time it is a 10-8 round, unless the the kd'd opponent wins the round big.
              Yeah. Has to basically be a round you might consider 10-8 the other way without a KD. Then it's 10-9 for the guy who scored the KD.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                It's a bit confusing but think of it like a 10-10 round, with the guy who was knocked down losing a point for the knockdown and the round being scored 10-9 as a result.

Or alternatively you can think of it as the guy who was knocked down earning a point back.
                Ok but you are missing the point, if you are knocked down, how could you even consider the round being even? 10-10 is out of the window as soon as that knockdown happens .... 10-8. You could be winning 10-9, until you are knocked down. Then lose 10-8. 9-9 is illogical as it is saying a knockdown is worth the same as winning the rest of it. It's not. A knockdown is worth the same as a knockdown, or a vicious beating.

You could win 99% of the round, and be knocked down. You lose 10-8. This is unless you score your own knockdown, or convince the judges that you beat up your opponent so badly it warranted a 10-8.

I'm shocked by the amount of people even mentioning 9-9...

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Yeah. Has to basically be a round you might consider 10-8 the other way without a KD. Then it's 10-9 for the guy who scored the KD.
                  Yes... thanks for giving me hope that there are people who understand this...

Comment

How do people not understand 10 point must? Someone has to get 10 points, unless the guy who won the round was penalized a point for a foul.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      The fighter who wins the round is entitled to get 10 points, the loser 9 (unless he's battered so badly that it becomes an 8). But if the rd winner is KD he loses a point, (the one who suffered the KD loses a point -the KDer doesn't gain a point).

The result for a round winner who was KD is 9-9. (I've seen 9-8 rounds).
                      Wrong, the winner of the round has to get 10 point unless he was deducted a point, why don't people understand that

Comment

Working...
                      X