Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Boxing based off culture and race more so than any other sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Boxing based off culture and race more so than any other sport?

I honestly think Boxing brings out racial and cultural differences than any other sport.. A lot of bitterness between groups of peoe are bred based off who their favorite fighters are. Like you will see Cuban fans against African American fans who like Mayweather or Rigondeaux. Mexican fans vs Puerto Rican fans due to the rivalry of the two countries, hearing vile stereotype thrown at each other with heart felt urgency.

I mean what other sport spans other so many regions, cultures, races, idealogies more so then boxing?
    Yeah, it's always a battle of sides
    61.11%
    No, it's a way of bringing people together
    38.89%

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Bob Arum like the Jew he is made a profit supplying hatred to both sides lol I love it

Comment

You know I didn't bother reading what you had to say. But, I will say this. I think it's interesting that countries like Mexico, England, and even Russia have such similar styles of fighting. All three of these countries have fighters who want to exchange. I've noticed Russian fighters, or Soviet Union fighters, are really come forward type of fighters. African fighters, even. They have this rugged come forward, tough as nails, style. Japanese fighters, too.

Then you will get your boxing type of fighters. Cuba and USA fighters.

I don't know what this question is about.

Comment

Boxing has always been a racial/nationality thing. Probably always will be. Me personally I only pick fighters that are likable and has some great skill sets in the ring. I really don't care where they are from or what they look like. YT is the best place to find these racist idiots when a certain fighter loses and you will see it from ALL sides, Mexican,Black,White,Asian. It doesn't matter.

Comment

its heavily based on nationalism.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
              You know I didn't bother reading what you had to say. But, I will say this. I think it's interesting that countries like Mexico, England, and even Russia have such similar styles of fighting. All three of these countries have fighters who want to exchange. I've noticed Russian fighters, or Soviet Union fighters, are really come forward type of fighters. African fighters, even. They have this rugged come forward, tough as nails, style. Japanese fighters, too.

Then you will get your boxing type of fighters. Cuba and USA fighters.

I don't know what this question is about.
              I stopped at your first sentence, I doubt you're a bright person to reply to something and don't even know what you replying to.

Read my original post formulate a reply that's conversation worthy. That's why a forum exists to hear different sides even if you don't respect it or agree.

Comment

Its like that on Internet forums more then at the arenas; I seen fans of all backgrounds root for Canelo or Floyd. If you based it off of NSB only Mexicans rooted for Canelo and only Blacks rooted for Floyd.

Comment

Soccer is much more racial and nationalistic. It is a much more popular sport (globally) and has far more fans. The olympics are also inherently racial/nationalistic. Boxing is up there, though. I think it derives from its olympic nature; a lot of the top prospects represent their country for years, and then continue to represent that country in the professional ranks.

Boxing is also different from other sports in that it's one-on-one, which is rare in other sports (outside of tennis). So there's that dynamic and it's much more intimate than other sports. Plus it's two dudes literally trying to beat the other person.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                    Soccer is much more racial and nationalistic. It is a much more popular sport (globally) and has far more fans. The olympics are also inherently racial/nationalistic. Boxing is up there, though. I think it derives from its olympic nature; a lot of the top prospects represent their country for years, and then continue to represent that country in the professional ranks.

Boxing is also different from other sports in that it's one-on-one, which is rare in other sports (outside of tennis). So there's that dynamic and it's much more intimate than other sports. Plus it's two dudes literally trying to beat the other person.
                    Yes I pretty much agree with you. Soccer aka football is very nationalistic and starts a lot of bad blood between cities and even whole countries. I think though only America can care less about it.

Boxing though I guess not as known or popular as you say is more intimate as it has the passion and violence between two men in the ring. Also great reference to the Olympics, as we can see many greats get robbed during the Olympics namely from the U.S (Roy, Floyd) and it can hardly get overturned because of the boundaries presented by the country who protects their fighter record.

I live in North Philly, Philadelphia is kind of a rough old school kind of place. Growing up as a young n I had many fights stemming from the fact I was from one block and the older men wanted to see fights and what block was better. I think boxing stems the same kind of mentality.. It is the oldest sport I think.. At least it's on hieroglyphs.

Comment

Working...
                    X