No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Alex Leapai on March 8 in Germany

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir Klitschko vs. Alex Leapai on March 8 in Germany

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Alex Leapai has been tentatively scheduled for March 8 in Germany

Hopefully Wladimir will fight three times in 2013: Leapai, his WBO mandatory; Pulev, his IBF mandatory; and then a top ten heavyweight like Stiverne, Adamek, Fury, Arreola, Solis or Wilder.

A couple of years ago, there were few opponents he hadn't already fought to choose from, but now there are several, with young fighters like Wilder and Fury ready for a title shot.
    Yes, Leapai does have a punchers' chance of winning
    10.00%
    No, I'm 100% sure Wladimir Klitschko will win
    90.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by The Hammer; 12-11-2013, 10:47 AM.

Only way is if he can plow his way inside... Wlad will either clinch when he gets close or keep him at bay with his jabs. Mid to late round KO

Comment

Leapai will com to fight,unlike Povetkin.I'm looking forward to this one,Pulev defence more so though.

Leapai won't last the 12 that's for sure.

I think Wlad fights at least 3 times this coming year,he was adamemt he wanted to fight three times last year but the decision was taken out of his hands when K2 lost the purse bid.

Comment

Leapai is not a very good boxer at all. Lost a couple years ago to ballroom level talent.

Punchers chance only and with his skillset I bet that punch will never land and maybe not even be thrown.

IMO worse than the Mormeck fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
          Leapai is not a very good boxer at all. Lost a couple years ago to ballroom level talent.

Punchers chance only and with his skillset I bet that punch will never land and maybe not even be thrown.

IMO worse than the Mormeck fight.
          lost alot of respect for wlad after his povetkin fiasco. if this fight gets made im no longer supporting him as a fan. I dont care if its a mandatory. other fighters have dropped there belts to face better opposition. no reason why wlad cant do the same. he needs to man up,, drop the wbo belt and fight pulev

Comment

Does Alex Leapai have a chance of winning?

He's very tough and a big puncher, although his boxing skills are not the best.

Comment

The only defence Wlad has for taking this fight is that its a mandatory. Leapai is absolute trash. I just hope Wlad disposes of him early; please don't carry this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                lost alot of respect for wlad after his povetkin fiasco. if this fight gets made im no longer supporting him as a fan. I dont care if its a mandatory. other fighters have dropped there belts to face better opposition. no reason why wlad cant do the same. he needs to man up,, drop the wbo belt and fight pulev
                What is it with this bandwagon talking point about dropping the belt? He will not the drop the belt, that's absurd.

Is he supposed to be in a rush or something? Is he threatening retirement after 2 more fights? NO. He will fight his mandatory and Pulev will get his shot soon enough. Stop projecting.

Comment

I would care more if there is something Wlad needed to do, at the moment there are certainly better guys but no one really pressing that he needs to fight so him dealing with some riff-raff is fine.

Hopefully he takes out the garbage

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                    What is it with this bandwagon talking point about dropping the belt? He will not the drop the belt, that's absurd.

Is he supposed to be in a rush or something? Is he threatening retirement after 2 more fights? NO. He will fight his mandatory and Pulev will get his shot soon enough. Stop projecting.
                    but why give the public these fights when there's better options? I could see if this was his first one or two crap mandatories and not wanting to lose a belt right away but its not and hes held it for so long now and its the lesser prestigious of the other 2 titles anyway. dont see why he cant do what lennox did and others have done and just drop the belt and fight a more worthy challenger. its not like it would lessen his status any

Comment

Working...
                    X