No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duva: Kovalev-Fonfara Possible if No Adonis Stevenson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    If Stevenson can't be made then this is not a bad option.

He could also go after Jurgen Brahmer who fights this weekend.
    Brahmer would get absolutely obliterated, IMO. Although ranking wise... That wouldn't be a bad fight for Kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
      Brahmer would get absolutely obliterated, IMO. Although ranking wise... That wouldn't be a bad fight for Kovalev
      I doubt Brahmer would take that fight

Comment

I'd like to see it if the Stevenson fight cannot be made.

Fonfara is one of the best opponents that isn't tied up right now, a Showtime fighter, or hasn't already lost to Kovalev. I also have no interest in seeing Kovalev-Dawson until Chad re-establishes himself with a decent win.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          He probably will as hold over fights and it would be good for their resume... but we already know what people will say.
          Neither will be coming off a win... and if they real a win off beforehand, everyone will say they're already damaged goods... especially Dawson
          Yes, it would be better for Cloud to come back with a win before fighting Kovalev. He's still never been knocked down, Kovalev might be the first to do it.

Dawson probably is damaged goods and Kovalev would get little credit, but still he's a big name. He would definitely need to have a comeback win before facing Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
            Yes, it would be better for Cloud to come back with a win before fighting Kovalev. He's still never been knocked down, Kovalev might be the first to do it.

Dawson probably is damaged goods and Kovalev would get little credit, but still he's a big name. He would definitely need to have a comeback win before facing Kovalev.
            Duva should sign Dawson then since he's begging people to sign him. Do that, build him up again then give him another shot at a world title at Kovalev. You could do this all within a year.
            Don't rush it IMO, give him a fight or two to come back then give him a fight that'll test him a little... then Kovalev

Comment

Duva would have to pay opponents bigger purses than Kovalev gets, in order to enter the ring with Krusher.

Next year, it will be extremely difficult for Kovalev to get a fight of some sort.

Comment

What if Kovalev is willing to go to Germany?

Comment

I don't think so either.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    What if Kovalev is willing to go to Germany?
                    Then we get into the whole risk/reward thing.
                    If Brahmer does take him, good on him... but i think that will get in the way

Comment

Interestingly I feel Stevenson is the only guy at LHW with a shot against Kovalev. Would be interesting to see how Hopkins deals with him, but I don't think Hopkins will have the punch output to beat Kovalev, and I don't think anybody thinks Hopkins can KO Kovalev. We haven't really seen Kovalev in a close quarters fight, would be interesting to see if Hopkins can force a phonebooth fight on him. I think the only way to beat Kovalev is by stoppage. Darnell Boon had him hurt, so he can be stopped.

Comment

Working...
                      X