Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kirkland's Battering of Tapia Breaks CompuBox Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont blame Smoger. He gives guys a chance. Its your corner that are suppose to have your best interested

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      I dont blame Smoger. He gives guys a chance. Its your corner that are suppose to have your best interested
      smoger did his job, if you go back and watch the doctor and smoger wanted it stopped and kept asking are you sure and tapias trainer refused to stop it. then at the end smoger jumped between them and Kirkland threw one last punch for good measure its unfortunate but the corner is to blame he was yelling at tapia while he sat on the stool eyes closed out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
        "Mandigo's 73 power shots landed in round four is a CompuBox 154-POUND RECORD."

A 154-Pound record?

If 73 power shots in one round isn't the record, who the hell was able to take the record for all the divisions?

Those stats are ****ing insane (never seen punch stats like those for 1 round let alone 3)... Kirkland is a ****ing beast, just ruthless... Respect to Tapia...
        oh hush up I'm not taking everything away from kirkland but most of his shots had nothing on them because he was just arm punching weak garbage I wouldn't even call them "power punches"

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
          oh hush up I'm not taking everything away from kirkland but most of his shots had nothing on them because he was just arm punching weak garbage I wouldn't even call them "power punches"
          Kinda look at it this way, if Kirklands shots had anything on them, Tapia simply wouldn't have lasted as long as he did. Give or take the first 20-30 seconds of each round after the first and the odd flurry Kirkland might as well have been working the bags.

Comment

Kirkland vs Lara.

Comment

"American stoppage" breaks compubox record shocker.

Comment

shame on Tapia's corner 4 letting him go out 4 that last round & Smoger for his very slow stoppage, just trying to grab Kirk by an arm & not getting between them...watch the replay & he could have jumped in quicker & w/more decisiveness...

Comment

That last unnecessary shot on Tapia had him out on his feet. Hate to see stuff like that. The commentators kind of defended it saying he was in "destroy mode". Impressive night of boxing all around from the two networks. Trout/ Lara should have been on a major PPV card.

Comment

All the blame should be directed towards Tapia's corner, what a bunch of amateurish ******s! They need to get banned from working anyone's corner.

During the fighter interview, Tapia was talking about NJ fighters and being a big Gatti fan wanting a war while slurring his words.
                    Not with Kirkland you ain't.

Tapia looked good for 1 rd, and it was downhill from there.
                    He needs to get a new trainer that knows how to handle the big stage and actually cares for his safety if he wants to continue fighting.
                    But that beating is a career ender.

Comment

This fight went on way too long.

I was trying to watch this and Porter-Alexander at the same time, it was a very fun 30 minutes or so.

Comment

Working...
                      X