No announcement yet.

Not gonna lie, Rigo had me sleeping...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
    Was expecting to go at him like he did Teon Kennedy and Rico Ramos. They're both to blame Agbeko more than Rigo since he was scared as fk and Rigo who could have possibly put more together to make it interesting
    Rigo is trained to throw even less when his opponent is all covered up and frustrated.

Frustrating isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.
      I was falling asleep too but it sure as hell wasn't Rigo's fault.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      I agree.. agbeko didn't come to win, he just wanted to survive.

Comment

I didn't find the fight boring; however I recognise that Rigondeaux has been placed in an unfortunate position, because he has a reputation for being a boring fighter people will enter his fights with that in mind. It's why I believe Bob Arum is a piece of a scum for throwing him under the bus after the Donaire fight, it turned what other people would believe is an opinion to believing it is fact.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          I didn't find the fight boring; however I recognise that Rigondeaux has been placed in an unfortunate position, because he has a reputation for being a boring fighter people will enter his fights with that in mind. It's why I believe Bob Arum is a piece of a scum for throwing him under the bus after the Donaire fight, it turned what other people would believe is an opinion to believing it is fact.
          What Arum said after the Donaire fight was of no practical use. He could've spoken to Rigo in private and said, "Look, you're great; but you've got to pick it up in there. People pay to see violence, not a boxing lesson." Instead, he further alienated a guy whom he's supposed to be working for. Arum is a smart guy, but that was just stupid.

Comment

Rigo was a beautifull 3 round fighter, when he won the first round he was able to fight his fight because his opponent had to come to him. In the pros he hasn't made the transition to being able to use ALL his tools and most importantly change his mind set! He is chess player who will NOT take chances to end a fight early even when he can. He could have stopped Donaire and if he put pressure on last night from 7th to the 10th he would have stopped the bout early.
            I appreciate his talent & skill set but this is NOT pro boxing/fighting, when your capable of fighting harder and raising your intensity you owe it to the fan paying to see you at your optimum performance! He doesn't do that so he will fail as a top draw!
            He's at a disadvantage being such a small man to begin with but he's hurting himself by not giving everything he has. His people know it but he is a very stubborn fellow who wants his talents accepted but he's forgetting the differences between amatuer international boxing and world wide professional boxing!
            The only way to help him out is to give him overly agressive opponents who are willing to fight.

Another comment;.........I can tell you that his second biggest advantage is not talent or skills or experience................Southpaw! He has a solid two hand attack and thats rare with most southpaws! He's equally happy moving both ways also. He'd still be terrific as an orthodox fighter but he'd have to up his work rate 70%. Ray.

Comment

I literally fell asleep watching the replay. The fight was incredibly boring. It was mostly Agbeko's fault but i dont understand why Rigo cant put punches together and take a little risk. Its frustrating seeing him faint and jab for 95% of the fight against a guy who wasnt even throwing

Comment

Fat Dan streamed the fight because he couldn't sleep last night...heard it worked wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by puga
                  agbecko did'nt do **** either..

can anyone blame rigo for the fight being boring ?..hell yeah

can anyone blame rigo for fighting the way he does?.. ofcourse not..

it's that simple...
                  Who threw the most punches and landed the most? Is that Rigo's fault? No, it's Agbeko's fault for being a one dimensional f@g.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist
                    You don't have to lie man. Even as a fan I have to say that ***** was boring as ****.

Comment

this tiny phaggot better start manning up and fighting or eat shiet and die because EVEN I turned that fucckin garbage off after 2 rounds

Comment

Working...
                      X