Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara: I Did What Canelo Alvarez Couldn't Do!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Public_Enemy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

This is hilarious man.

Canelo "beats" Trout: He's the best JMW. (Notice I used quotations.)

Lara: Makes Angulo quit and beats Trout more convincingly: Lara sucks. He needs to rematch Angulo.

Lara is hitting them where it hurts.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

This. The only criticism I have with Lara is that he should've tried to finish Trout. I already think he's the best at 154 but him knocking out Trout would've made an unbelievable statement.
    Idk what happened there. Maybe Lara will tell us. Maybe these guys are right. Listen, Lara is a BIG family man so maybe he DID look over and saw the kids. Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine.

I don't mind the wife thing at a fight but kids is a whole different story man.

Comment

Lara is a mother****ing beast. Top 10 p4p! Lara beats canelo, kirkland, cotto...Matter fact honestly I would take lara over Triple G. That straight left comes in too accurate, toofast and too HARD!

Comment

Yes Lara did something Canelo could never do, and that is bore us to death.
        That fight was painful to watch. I began to youtube the Sturm fight in the middle of this snoozefest.

I like Lara, but like his fellow countrymen Abril and Rigondeaux, they're difficult to watch. I wish that they'd take a bit more risk, step on the gas and pursue a KO once in a while. Lara clearly had Austin dominated, could he a least go for the kill?

Comment

Lara won last night but the fight was very far from being spectacular (casual fans want something like Lara vs. Angulo which was full of action). It would be nice to see Lara-Alvarez but Canelo needs to change his style to being more aggressive to increase his chances to win. It was clear against Floyd that Saul would never outbox somebody faster consequently Canelo should brawl and press the fight to take better advantage of his power (just like Angulo did except Canelo has better defense than Alfredo who is careless about receiving). Canelo needs to work more on his stamina issues in order to keep more active during the whole fight. Saul is only 22 and I think is still possible for him to improve and develop to his full potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuerno~de~Chivo View Post
            It would be a good fight but after so much running Canelo catches him

I also think Kirkland ko's him

Cotto even takes out chinny lara
            Cotto my fav but you are nuts Lara beats the hell out if both he has chin power and speed the kid can beat anyone except prob GGG but I wanna see it

Comment

Lara beats Canelo easily.

Comment

Originally posted by cabalas View Post
                Lara won last night but the fight was very far from being spectacular (casual fans want something like Lara vs. Angulo which was full of action). It would be nice to see Lara-Alvarez but Canelo needs to change his style to being more aggressive to increase his chances to win. It was clear against Floyd that Saul would never outbox somebody faster consequently Canelo should brawl and press the fight to take better advantage of his power (just like Angulo did except Canelo has better defense than Alfredo who is careless about receiving). Canelo needs to work more on his stamina issues in order to keep more active during the whole fight. Saul is only 22 and I think is still possible for him to improve and develop to his full potential.
                Your dead prop he's little like floyd with power that's an incredible talent people will watch him any day and I like he's more battle tested than Canelo he showed his chin stamina and boxing skills in last 2 fights

Comment

Originally posted by SAN D13GO VILLAN View Post
                  Looks like lara will be fighting canelo soon, just wish lara was more exciting I was hoping canelos next fight would be against someone With an attractive style someone that can help make a FOTY type of fight.
                  He out boxed a guy and made him do a split in KD Canelo fight with trout was more boring and against floyd Lara the prototype for great boxers good chin power footwork and speed go watch wrestling this guy could be a great

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02
                    Yes Lara did something Canelo could never do, and that is bore us to death.
                    That fight was painful to watch. I began to youtube the Sturm fight in the middle of this snoozefest.

I like Lara, but like his fellow countrymen Abril and Rigondeaux, they're difficult to watch. I wish that they'd take a bit more risk, step on the gas and pursue a KO once in a while. Lara clearly had Austin dominated, could he a least go for the kill?
                    No you don't. Stop kidding yourself. If you liked Lara you would realize the one that was making that **** boring was Trout. Only time he did work was on the clinch. The only fight Lara fans should complain about is the Molina fight. In the Vanes fight he started off slow but once he found a home for the straight left that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      No you don't. Stop kidding yourself. If you liked Lara you would realize the one that was making that **** boring was Trout. Only time he did work was on the clinch. The only fight Lara fans should complain about is the Molina fight. In the Vanes fight he started off slow but once he found a home for the straight left that was it.

I don't know what fight you were watching, but Austin was at least trying to press the action. It was Trout who was moving forward, granted not at all successful.
                      I do like Lara, and respect his boxing skills, but as I said in my previous post I wish he'd have more urgency. It was clear after round 6 that Trout couldn't touch him. He could have stepped it up and at least try to close the show.

Comment

Working...
                      X