Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Joseph Agbeko & Undercards RBR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agbeko straight been a reckless tough fighter his whole career and has never been stopped doing that ****, and the fact that he turned into Clottey tonight shows the class of its own Rigo is in, this was literal shutout with an opponent who is tough being reckless but shelled up was just target practice and couldnt be caught with anything big because he was scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
      LOL. Awwww. You mad?

Stop getting mad and break down the damn fight. Tell me how he could have created openings against Agbeko's D. I'll be waiting for your response.
      Throwing punches would have helped

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        Dude threw 700 punches Agbeko has never been knocked out being a reckless fk he turned into Clottey out of fear it just makes it impossible to take him out. I think everyone including Rigo thought this guy would open up eventually if he kept tagging him but he didnt do shiettteeee too scurred.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
          Agbeko straight been a reckless tough fighter his whole career and has never been stopped doing that ****, and the fact that he turned into Clottey tonight shows the class of its own Rigo is in, this was literal shutout with an opponent who is tough being reckless but shelled up was just target practice and couldnt be caught with anything big because he was scared.
          I love Rigo. I really do. I'ts amazing what he did to Donaire's and Agbenko's soul.

Comment

• Tough world class fighters in survival mode are the toughest to stop...

I haven't watched the entire fight, but if Agbeko went into survival mode for the entire fight, it would explain how he went 12 against Rigondeaux.

Zab's been in survival mode since 2002 and he's only been stopped twice in that span.

Agbeko is tough and has a solid defense, when he goes into survival mode, there is no stopping him (fighters that have his chin have to get caught with a hard counter shot to be hurt, even then, he has to be gradually broken down before he gets to the condition of being stopped (referee or corner stoppage at that)).

Comment

• Originally posted by Heru View Post
              Tough world class fighters in survival mode are the toughest to stop...

I haven't watched the entire fight, but if Agbeko went into survival mode for the entire fight, it would explain how he went 12 against Rigondeaux.

Zab's been in survival mode since 2002 and he's only been stopped twice in that span.

Agbeko is tough and has a solid defense, when he goes into survival mode, there is no stopping him (fighters that have his chin have to get caught with a hard counter shot to be hurt, even then, he has to be gradually broken down before he gets to the condition of being stopped (referee or corner stoppage at that)).
              You are 100% on the money shame is this fight could have been so much better if Agbeko didn't freaking get his soul punched out of his body in the first damn round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                So either you flick the jab and cruise to a decision or you go for the KO? These are the only two options in boxing now? Nothing in between?
                He tried. He looped his shots around his guard, he used feints, he tried to slip in uppercuts, the threw to the body, he tried to set traps. Agbeko bit on nothing and didn't throw back. He was there to survive.

We've seen this before: Donaire/Navareaz, Pac/Clottey, Floyd/Baldomir. Its just two different levels of class, the opponent doesn't have the ability to complete, shells up and the winner cruises to a decision. And these are world-class opponents who know how to survive.

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
                I didn't realize Agbeko was a great defensive fighter?
                Its decent. He's usually a great offensive fighter but he was shelled up and was way less active tonight.

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                He did. Nice breakdown.

Comment

• Very bizarre...Tapia is winning the first three-quarters of the first round, and winning it easily. Then...during the last 30 seconds of the round, he goes up against the ropes and throws no punches and just covers, and just absorbs Kirklands blows.

I have to go back and look at that first round, did Kirkland hurt him with something or he just gassed out? Tapia spent the rest of the fight with a lifeless look on his face, hunched over, covered up, while Kirkland is going to town on him. I thought the fight should have been stopped after round 2 .

With Angulo and now Tapia, Kirkland has delivered two of the most brutal beatings of the last couple of years. The Angulo fight was only in doubt in the first round, the beginning actually. The rest of the fight was one sided beatfdown.

Comment

Working...
                  X