Khan: I lost 13lbs a day before Weigh-In at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan: I lost 13lbs a day before Weigh-In at 140

Alright I don't know what to make of this but this is what he said:

"At 140 I was killing myself to make weight. I was just talking to a couple of fighters here at the press conference what do you guys weigh the day before a Weigh-In? They said to me we're probably 2-3 pounds over". Khan then says to the interviewer "Do you know how many pounds I used to be over? 13lbs a day before the weighinn". Question starts at 5:44 in the video below.

Crazy stuff. It's always amazed me how some of these fighters lose so much weight in such a short period of time and just lose it but go and fight another professional after they go thru that. Same thing with how they regain so much weight!

Comment

He lost 13lbs a day before the weigh-in? Meaning that he was 231lbs a week before the weigh-in?

Or he lost 13lbs the day before the weigh-in?

Comment

who cares,,, if you cant make 140 without killing yourself, then maybe you should have gone to welter and saved yourself from the peterson and garcia defeats,,,,

manny and floyd are small welters, but the cut no weight, and body isnt drained and they can fight all night,,,, wish more fighters would follow their example as opposed to trying to sweat off a few extra pounds to get a cheap weight advantage

Comment

amir seem like your classic bullshltter, 13 pounds day before fight and he thinks thats normal? This guy has been around long enough, he should know lol "never been kd at natural weight of 153 (with headgear on)"

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            who cares,,, if you cant make 140 without killing yourself, then maybe you should have gone to welter and saved yourself from the peterson and garcia defeats,,,,

manny and floyd are small welters, but the cut no weight, and body isnt drained and they can fight all night,,,, wish more fighters would follow their example as opposed to trying to sweat off a few extra pounds to get a cheap weight advantage
            He says he was ok for the Peterson fight in the clip I watched. Funny watching him try to figure out in his head which fight he should say he had trouble making weight for. Not the sharpest tool in the box is Amir

The interviewer was very enthusiastic about taking on 'twitter punks'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              He lost 13lbs a day before the weigh-in? Meaning that he was 231lbs a week before the weigh-in?

Or he lost 13lbs the day before the weigh-in?
              Typo on my half. He lost 13lbs the day before the weigh-in.

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

I agree and what I find annoying as a fan of Khan is that he never learns from his mistakes. At 135 he left it a little too late to move up, he then does the same at 140. Secondly, he threw the exact same combo that got him ko'd vs prescott and garcia, the left followed by the right uppercut leaving him totally open for the left hook counter.

Comment

this proves that me chun is the best in boxing. ask meeedana.

Comment

Holy diuretics batman

Comment

he must have lost like 50 pounds the day before the diaz fight because he was getting beat all over the ring like a rag doll

Comment

Working...
                    X