No announcement yet.

Khan: I lost 13lbs a day before Weigh-In at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F!x View Post
    lol.. New to boxing? People do get knocked down in sparring quite often.

Even Mike Tyson was knocked down in sparring a few times, he was even knocked down by Greg Page, a fighter with 17 losses...
    amir is going around saying how hes never been knocked down at his natural weight of 153, but hes only fought at that weight in sparring lol, so basically like i said.. his words dont mean shlt

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Well I guess the only way to find out is to see how khan does at 147. Wasn't the Diaz fight at 143 or something though? 141 maybe? He was still rocked.
      Diaz was at 143 but Khan said he even had trouble making 143 so he might have been weight-drained in that fight too. But you're right, we'll have to wait and see..

Diaz is good puncher though, he's knocked out guys quicker than Ruslan Provodnikov and Floyd Mayweather have (when they've fought the same guys)..

Comment

He did looked drained at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          amir is going around saying how hes never been knocked down at his natural weight of 153, but hes only fought at that weight in sparring lol, so basically like i said.. his words dont mean shlt
          did he really say that, i swear that man has infinite excuses. he's going to move up all the way to heavyweight banking on "i was never beaten at ____ lbs, so now im unbeatable!"

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            There are plenty of 147 fighters who only fought at around 153 in sparring and they've been knocked down during the spar. Khan is basically saying that he feels stronger than ever in sparring even after sparring a pretty good puncher in Angulo. As a fighter you can gauge how you feel when you spar at, for example, 145 and when you spar at 153. He's saying he feels stronger doing a 153 spar compared to a 145 spar. But obviously he knows there is a difference between sparring and a real fight.

Comment

Working...
            X