Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Rigondeaux, Agbeko Ready For Boardwalk War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never heard of this Rigondeaux fella. Is he any good? Heard he's boring, doe.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
      Rigondeaux is not - and will never be - anywhere near Floyd's level. Floyd wouldn't have been dropped nor hurt by the likes of Marroquin, Cordoba, Donaire, etc. Floyd's offense, defense and chin are much stronger than Rigondeaux's. Floyd's inside game is 100 times better than Rigondeaux's. Floyd is exciting while he schools his opponents and he can actually fight without backpedalling the whole fight. Floyd has gone from FW to LMW, whereas Rigondeaux won't even go up 4/5 lbs. Floyd has an entertaining personality, whereas Rigondeaux is just as boring outside the ring as he is inside it. Floyd is the G.O.A.T.; Rigondeaux is just a goat. I'm sick of yall idiots who DKSAB claiming Rigondeaux is as good a boxer as Floyd.
      Pass the haterade bro

Comment

Ideally if Floyd goes down to 122lb/118lb Rigo will defeat him.
        Same thing, if ideally Rigo goes to 147lb/154lb Floyd will defeat him.

Comment

Rigondeaux is not - and will never be - anywhere near Floyd's level. Floyd wouldn't have been dropped nor hurt by the likes of Marroquin, Cordoba, Donaire, etc. Floyd's offense, defense and chin are much stronger than Rigondeaux's. Floyd's inside game is 100 times better than Rigondeaux's. Floyd is exciting while he schools his opponents and he can actually fight without backpedalling the whole fight. Floyd has gone from FW to LMW, whereas Rigondeaux won't even go up 4/5 lbs. Floyd has an entertaining personality, whereas Rigondeaux is just as boring outside the ring as he is inside it. Floyd is the G.O.A.T.; Rigondeaux is just a goat. I'm sick of yall idiots who DKSAB claiming Rigondeaux is as good a boxer as Floyd.
          How many Olympic gold medals does Floyd have ? Never and anywhere are kinda strong words . Floyd is great but rigo's got the skills to be great , had a very late start in the pros , it doesn't make him less of a boxer . I will say he doesn't have the best chin thou.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            This will be a great card. Funny, Kirkland said elsewhere he isn't overly concerned about Tapia. He wasn't overly concerned about Nobuhiro Ishida either now was he? HA!
            I feel like Kirkland will get stopped by this guy. Rigo will stop Agbeko before the 8th rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
              How many Olympic gold medals does Floyd have ? Never and anywhere are kinda strong words . Floyd is great but rigo's got the skills to be great , had a very late start in the pros , it doesn't make him less of a boxer . I will say he doesn't have the best chin thou.
              You do know Floyd was robbed in the Olympics right? Other then that I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
                Sure, Rigondeaux is an accomplished amateur, but professional boxing fans don't wanna watch the amateur "run and outpoint" style in the pro's. He doesn't even try to entertain the people. All he does is backpedal and wait for his opponent to come in so he can outpoint him. Floyd doesn't just do that. P4P greats like Floyd and Ward can initiate the action as well as counter. Floyd toyed with Canelo, but he didn't just backpedal for 10 rounds and potshot; he actually had Canelo on the ropes and he had the balls to stand and trade with the bigger man. Once Rigondeaux stops "footworking", he gets put on his ass. I'm not just hating on Rigondeaux because he's not American.

Comment

Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
                  You do know Floyd was robbed in the Olympics right? Other then that I agree with you.
                  Truthfully I wasn't sure about . Was it considered a blatant robbery or just controversial ? There is a difference .

Comment

Sure, Rigondeaux is an accomplished amateur, but professional boxing fans don't wanna watch the amateur "run and outpoint" style in the pro's. He doesn't even try to entertain the people. All he does is backpedal and wait for his opponent to come in so he can outpoint him. Floyd doesn't just do that. P4P greats like Floyd and Ward can initiate the action as well as counter. Floyd toyed with Canelo, but he didn't just backpedal for 10 rounds and potshot; he actually had Canelo on the ropes and he had the balls to stand and trade with the bigger man. Once Rigondeaux stops "footworking", he gets put on his ass. I'm not just hating on Rigondeaux because he's not American.
                    Remind me who was that top 10 p4p fighter Floyd beat by his 12th pro fight again? Yeah .... Rigo looks like a beast against weak champions just like every other guy refer to Ramos and Willie Casey fight but he played it as he should against Donaire you are hating on him because you where wrong and he tapped that Donaire ass not because he is not american . And that is all fact. It is not a fair comparison to make anyway FLoyd been a pro for nearly 2 decades to tailor his style as a pro and achieve what he has achieved Rigo escaped the athlete slave trade and turned pro at 30 with 12 pro fights is p4p so you have no legitimate reason to hate on him other than the 1 or 2 fights you watched him he didn't loose like you wanted him to.

Comment

A lot of what you say is true but when u been doing somthing as long as him and winning its hard to change , he's got what 12 pro fights? He's got hundreds of amateur fights. I'm giving him some time to adapt a little.

Comment

Working...
                      X