No announcement yet.

Cotto to Face Maravilla; Used Canelo to Drive up Guarantee Like a Boss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto can beat the last version of Martinez that i saw

he can get really hurt vs Canelo but it woulda been a nice PR vs Mexico thing again

Comment

He should be facing Canelo.

Cotto is my fav fighter but its odd how people so easily approve of this fight. Cotto has only beaten 1 ranked fighter in the last 4.5 years and that was Yuri Foreman. He clearly lost to FLoyd and Trout, then comes back and stops an average boxer in Delvin and he's some monster and is getting a shot at the MW title even tho he hasnt done anything at 154

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel
        That's what Kings do. Like a boss. good luck with your major PPV in March ginger.
        Canelo vs Molina... 100k buys. Major paper.

Oh wait nvm. They're still looking for someone else to try and grab the belt from Molina.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I would think Cotto would want to go for history and legacy. A win over ***y would do WONDERS for Cotto's already HOF career.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            He should be facing Canelo.

Cotto is my fav fighter but its odd how people so easily approve of this fight. Cotto has only beaten 1 ranked fighter in the last 4.5 years and that was Yuri Foreman. He clearly lost to FLoyd and Trout, then comes back and stops an average boxer in Delvin and he's some monster and is getting a shot at the MW title even tho he hasnt done anything at 154
            Sergio's old and coming off injuries, and this is a much more preferable tuneup fight before a hopeful Golovkin fight later this year than whatever unknown middleweight he might pick. And if he's going to lose to someone he shouldn't lose to, I'd rather it be Cotto than some nobody.

Unfortunately, if Cotto won it would probably mean Cotto vs. Alvarez/Mayweather and leave zero chance of Golovkin getting a shot to be the man, but it's a risk no matter who Martinez fights.

Comment

good fight between 2 great fighters in their twilight years.

too bad for canelo...he can go back to being floyd's main undercard if they can still afford his asking price. he always drives up the ppv numbers for floyd.

schaefer must be more enraged with arum right now with this development.

Comment

It's hard to say how Martinez might look considering his age and how he looked last time, but he very well could still be more difficult than Canelo. Canelo's still green at this point. He's got a solid foundation to build upon, but Cotto could capitalize on his inexperience.

Comment

What I like most about this is that Molina will get to tap Canelo's ass.

Comment

I shall be praying for Cotto not to die.

Comment

Martinez has been fighting opponents too big and too strong for his aging body. Too many. People forget this guy really belongs at 154. He'll have his hands full with the great Miguel Cotto but he will be the bigger, stronger man this time and he's not as far gone, nearly, as some people are dreaming.

Comment

Working...
                      X