Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan: "My Speed Will Beat Mayweather. Then I'll Fight Pacquiao!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Philadel. Khan gives Floyd a harder fight than Canelo.

Sure, he'll probably get timed coming in, but he will keep throwing punches until the ref steps in and saves him. Khan has balls, Canelo doesn't.

Comment

Don't be surprised to hear Khan-Broner announced after Broner deals with Maidana. They'll throw that on the undercard of Mayweather's next fight and then Mayweather will fight the winner later in the year.

Comment

He would lose badly...but at least he would have the balls to get in the ring with Pacquiao.

Comment

Truth be told I think Mayweather would stop Khan in the fifth round; I envision Mayweather clipping him with a left hook, that will leave him on shaky legs, after a clinch right before finishing him off.

It will be an easy fight with Mayweather. I don't think being able to bully Mayweather is the key to beating him, but I do believe that it is a recipe for disaster when he is able to bully his opponent.

Comment

Khan has terrible defense Mayweather is a sharp puncher he'll easily pick Khan apart

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
              Khan might not be able to beat the Gods mentioned....but he'll do better than Nelo and Rios in their fights with Floyd and Pac IMO
              No doubt. Canelo was terrible that night.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                Interesting article here:

Amir Khan on Mayweather: ‘He is undefeated and I want to be the one to defeat him’

Amir Khan, the former two-time light-welterweight champion, has his sights set on a dream fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr next year.

The British boxer will not fight again this year after a bout against the IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander failed to materialise. Khan says he will spend the rest of the year focusing on training and hoping for the possibility of a box-office bout against Mayweather.

Alexander suggested that Khan pulled out of the proposed fight – Dubai was considered as the host site – because he considered the American a threat to his career and potentially damaging to his chances of landing a future fight against Mayweather.

It’s not true that I cancelled the fight because I did not want to face him, but the negotiations between our teams did not end with an agreement,” Khan said.

Devon decided to fight Shawn Porter instead [in Texas on Saturday] and my team and I decided it’s best I don’t fight this year, but rather work on my training. I have been working very hard with [trainer] Virgil Hunter, improving myself as a better fighter.”

Khan, the 2004 Olympic silver medallist whose professional record is 28-3, currently fights at the 140lbs (63.5kg) light-welterweight division. He will have to move up to welterweight (147lbs) or possibly the light-middleweight (154lbs) class to fight Mayweather.

“I agree it will be a disadvantage for me to a certain point, and on paper, as I have not fought a fight at this weight,” he said. “I wanted to fight Devon Alexander this year. But I feel 147lbs or 154lbs is my natural weight.

“I have struggled to keep 140lbs and I should’ve moved to 147lbs a long time ago.

“But I feel fit and strong so far at 147. I have been training very hard for the past 8-10 weeks. My next fight will be in May 2014, and I hope it’s against Mayweather.

“My team are working to make this happen, but I am not focusing on it. My aim is to focus on my training and get as fitter and stronger as I can.”

After Manny Pacquiao beat Brandon Rios last week, Khan’s former trainer Freddie Roach, now with Pacquiao, suggested the Filipino fighter would be a far more lucrative pay-per-view (PPV) draw if paired with Mayweather. Khan disagrees.

“I have a lot of respect for Freddie and Manny, he is a good friend of mine,” Khan said. “For sure, Manny is a very popular fighter in the US and around the world, but so am I. I am a ****** Pakistani-British and there are a lot of ******s in the US and around the world, and ******s always support a fellow ******.

“I am very grateful to have amazing support in Britain and among Asians around the world. I would say Mayweather, Manny and myself are the most popular boxers in the game. I mean, you can tell that from our Twitter followers. That says it all.”

Mayweather is two bouts into a six-fight, US$300 million (Dh1.1 billion) contract with US broadcaster Showtime. It was rumoured that Showtime actually lost money on the PPV sales from the first fight in the contract, May’s bout against Robert Guerrero at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Therefore, they might want to pair Mayweather with a high-profile opponent for his next fight.

I can say, there are only two fighters who can get in the PPV revenue, that is myself or Manny,” Khan said. “I am fast, I am a kind of fighter Mayweather has never faced. It’s not [just] me, but the whole world wants to see this fight happen, they want to see if Mayweather can stand in the ring and fight a fighter as fast as me or Manny.
                I cant believe Mayweather is really considering fighting this guy. What a joke.

Comment

Khan is delusional if he thinks he's the 3rd most popular fighter in the world!

Mayweather Corrales' him. I see him being dropped multiple times to a wide UD.

Manny flattens him Hatton style! I can't see that lasting 5 rounds!

Comment

I'm rooting for Khan

Floyd and then Pacman

King Khan will reign supreme

All u cornballs who doubt Khan will be eating humble pie

Its not too long ago Pac stans use to say Khan will beat Floyd when Roach was saying it
                    Last edited by FrankieBruno; 12-03-2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

This is a joke of a fight.

Rewarding mediocre talent like Amir Khan is the reason why boxing is on life support.

Floyd bastardizing the sport of boxing, once again, IF this fight gets made.

Comment

Working...
                      X