Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny fans serious question..do you hold Floyd at a higher standard then Manny?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    and they have a combined 3 good wins vs trout, berto twice,,

Whereas JMM has been a thorn in manny's side since featherweight, and bradley earned his way with more quality wins vs top guys than canelo, ghost and ortiz combined,,

canelo, ghost ortiz have beaten berto twice and trout

bradley has beaten abregu, peterson, witter, alexander, vazquez, holt

There is no way you can compare canelo, ortiz, ghost to jmm and bradley

Yes they are bigger and thats it, but boxing is about skills not size,, Its like saying roy jones win over ruiz was on the same level as hopkins-tito, because ruiz is bigger,,

canelo and ortiz had a punchers chance,, Ghost only chance was if mayweather was old overnight

Just post your current p4p list
    Who has Manny fought that would beat Canelo? Just curious to hear u'r opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
      I already said those three don't compare career-wise to JMM and Bradley. No need to recount their careers.

My list

1. Mayweather
      2. Ward
      3. Rigoundeaux
      4. Bradley
      5. Danny Garcia
      Thats solid, and if you went to 10, you would most likely have jmm on there,,

All im trying to point out is floyd is the #1 p4p guy that fights ranked guys but not p4p guys, while manny may not be fighting #1 ranked contenders, he is fighting very credible, p4p level opponents

I just want to know who manny was suppose to fight,, What ranked welters did you want him to fight that were bigger threats than jmm and bradley

Comment

Originally posted by Calabis View Post
        Who has Manny fought that would beat Canelo? Just curious to hear u'r opinion.
        Tough to say because alot of manny's wins come from the lower weight classes, this was a guy that started at 108 and won a title at 112, 122, 126,130, 135, 140, 147, and a garbage belt at 154 that i dont like to count

Canelo can obviously probably lay waste to smaller guys like he did vs lopez, so its a tough thing to call, but im pretty sure cotto 09, clottey 10, margs 10, would probably have the best chance at beating canelo since they can somewhat match his size,,

Honestly the jury is still out on canelo, I believe he is all hype and will go the way of lucian bute or chad dawson soon, once he starts fighting legit 154 guys like lara, molina, angulo, etc.. Once he beats guys like that I will be much impressed with canelo, but i doubt he can beat guys like that except for maybe angulo

Remember canelo is a full fledged jr mw, so the size he would have on guys like jmm and bradley would be too much for them to overcome IMO and canelo should win, it would be like canelo going up to fight GGG or ward, where he would be the smaller guy...

Comment

I already said those three don't compare career-wise to JMM and Bradley. No need to recount their careers.

My list

1. Mayweather
          2. Ward
          3. Rigondeaux
          4. Bradley
          5. Danny Garcia

SURE THEY MAY HAVE HAD BETTER OVERALL CAREERS.
          As far as what they have done at welterweight, Bradley and Marquez are not great welterweights and only have 1 good win each at the weight.

Their are other top ten guys out their for manny...we are tired of recycled fights

Comment

Thats solid, and if you went to 10, you would most likely have jmm on there,,

All im trying to point out is floyd is the #1 p4p guy that fights ranked guys but not p4p guys, while manny may not be fighting #1 ranked contenders, he is fighting very credible, p4p level opponents

I just want to know who manny was suppose to fight,, What ranked welters did you want him to fight that were bigger threats than jmm and bradley
            He does fight pound for pound guys. In recent years, Canelo, JMM, Hatton and Mosley were pound for pound. Then he'll probably take Garcia later next year.

At 147, I would've liked to see Manny fight Mosley sooner than he did. Roach saying Mosley was "too good" made Manny look horrible there. I thought Bradley was a good fight for Manny when they fought. Mayweather is the main guy I wanted him to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              SURE THEY MAY HAVE HAD BETTER OVERALL CAREERS.
              As far as what they have done at welterweight, Bradley and Marquez are not great welterweights and only have 1 good win each at the weight.

Their are other top ten guys out their for manny...we are tired of recycled fights
              I'm actually arguing in favor of Mayweather here. Check my earlier posts.

Comment

As a guy who dislikes both, yes they do. Pac gets a pass on almost everything. Floyd gets a pass on a lot of **** also, mostly personal.

Comment

Manny has never been on Floyd's level. Everyone knows this.
                  zat iz correct, congress man pacquiao level of coward iz not on zee same level as floyd

Comment

I'm actually arguing in favor of Mayweather here. Check my earlier posts.
                    i didnt say you wasnt. was just adding to what you said

Comment

Tough to say because alot of manny's wins come from the lower weight classes, this was a guy that started at 108 and won a title at 112, 122, 126,130, 135, 140, 147, and a garbage belt at 154 that i dont like to count

Canelo can obviously probably lay waste to smaller guys like he did vs lopez, so its a tough thing to call, but im pretty sure cotto 09, clottey 10, margs 10, would probably have the best chance at beating canelo since they can somewhat match his size,,

Honestly the jury is still out on canelo, I believe he is all hype and will go the way of lucian bute or chad dawson soon, once he starts fighting legit 154 guys like lara, molina, angulo, etc.. Once he beats guys like that I will be much impressed with canelo, but i doubt he can beat guys like that except for maybe angulo

Remember canelo is a full fledged jr mw, so the size he would have on guys like jmm and bradley would be too much for them to overcome IMO and canelo should win, it would be like canelo going up to fight GGG or ward, where he would be the smaller guy...
                      Good post.....I'm just amazed at how the pachuggers, were on here daily stating Mayweather would never fight the guy and how he is scared of Canelo. Then he signs the fight and they swore Caenlo would beat him. After the fight, Mayweather was given no credit by this group and now Canelo is a scrub. I'm not a huge Mayweather fan, but I find myself defending him more than I want too, because these idiotic fans. Pachugger remind me of Dallas Cowboy fans.....clueless about everything else, except for what their guy does.

Comment

Working...
                      X