Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why does Pacquaio have such a large Mexican fanbase?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghazan View Post
    Pacquaio's style is similiar to Mexican's in:

Relentless pressure
    Tenacity
    Head hunting Punching
    Iron Chin
    Takes Punches to land Punches
    Pride

The Mexican style is not always about talent or technique, but determination and the will to out tough your opponent until he breaks under your pressure.
    First off, good post TS, but Mexicans are definitely not known for head hunting. If anything, they're renowned for their commitment to attacking the body.

Originally posted by LHRH89 View Post
    I'll let my Mexican pride get the better of me and for the most part have rooted against pac when he fought mexicans, but I am a pacquiao fan. Heck, I was rooting for him against rios.
    In any case, like many Mexicans, I hated Pacquiao at first because he was blitzing our post-Chavez heroes. As a JMM fan, I was often rooting against him. But he's a sportsman who fights with dignity and courage, and that earned him respect and admiration from me and many others. He doesn't fight stylistically like a Mexican, but he has the same fighting spirit.

Comment

mexicans watch a ton of boxing, and drive ppv sales. they also appreciated his take no prisoners style. they saw it on display against barrera, morales 3X, and marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
        so is marquez the filipino conquerer? after all he did send pacquiao to the moon.
        ee iz back from zee moon now
        so you can take zee moon joke and shove eet up your asshoole

Comment

Stockholm syndrome

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
            fans not really I know most Mexicans wont watch him unless he is fighting a Mexican
            Well I know most Mexicans who do buy his ppv fights no matter who he fights. He's fun to watch and people Love him for that. Since the Odl fight ,Other than Marquez, I've never rooted against him

Comment

Relentless pressure
              Tenacity
              Head hunting Punching
              Iron Chin
              Pride

The Mexican style is not always about talent or technique, but determination and the will to out tough your opponent until he breaks under your pressure.
              Although he beat many Mexican legends manny is a warrior and I think Latinos in general respect that.

Comment

Because he's been seen beating so many of their atg hero's, ext.

They can admire and respect Pacquiao for his accomplishments.

Comment

Relentless pressure
                  Tenacity
                  Head hunting Punching
                  Iron Chin
                  Pride

I have never understood this thing about Mexicans being crude, unskilled fighters with a face-first style.

Overall, they tend to be very well-schooled with a textbook approach and top-notch punch variety.

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
                    fans not really, I know most Mexicans wont watch him unless he is fighting a Mexican

Wrong. Most of the 51,000 fans that went to see the Pac/Clottey fight were Mexican.

Comment

Pac is a fighter first not a Boxer. Mexicans respect that.

Comment

Working...
                      X