Manny could have finished Rios if he wanted to

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
    what do you think of manny's chin?
    He was lucky he didn't get hit flush, his chin is still glass, that is why he got scared to go for the finish any time he had Rios hurt.

Comment

I don't know if Pacquiao was simply more cautious or if he genuinely was easing off of Rios, but I saw a couple pitter-pat combinations in the 11th and 12th. While he boxed beautifully, his killer instinct really wasn't there last night.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        He was lucky he didn't get hit flush, his chin is still glass, that is why he got scared to go for the finish any time he had Rios hurt.
        he got wacked dude in those clinches in the early rounds..... he probably took close to 100 punches in the face. rios does hit hard (you said it yourself)

i think manny will be fine especially if he fights bradley.

Comment

i agree. pacquiao could hit bam bam from any freaking angle. he didnt want to go off on him. just as the 1st round started and saw how rios was with his shell defense i saw it a easy night for pacquiao.

and as for pacqiao to say this was he's hardest fight. NO WAY. i think this has to been the easiest fight he's done. basically a sparring session. this man has been and many great wars! agasint cotto and morales. 1 of my favortie toe to toe battle is when pacqiao fought agasint cotto. boy the fight was intense

Comment

The thing about taking it easy, if that's what Manny actually did, is that it leads to prolonged punishment for his opponent. Taking a semi-serious punishment for a few rounds is much better than taking 12 rounds of punishment imo. Pac "showing mercy" is not mercy. It's actually worse for the opponent. He should get the opponent out of there early so they won't take a much longer beatdown.

Comment

but yet you guys rip Floyd all the time for not going for the ko. You guys keep flipping so much. The funny thing is Pac is following Floyd so much that you have to keep flipping your stance, whether it be drug testing, boxing more, not going for the KO, or whatever. Too funny

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                In the last 2 rounds, Rios had nothing left. He was running on fumes.

It was clear that Pacquiao was just carrying him because he had already proven he was the better fighter and he probably didn't want to cause Rios any permanent injury.

He was holding back on all his punches, he never went on the attack, even when Rios was, forgive the cliche, a walking punching bag.

He will always have my respect for all time for the class he displayed last night. Pacquiao isn't just an ATG fighter, he's an ATG human being, and he is my hero.

I wonder how much working with Freddy roach has to do with this mentality.

You have to think that watching roach shake while holding the mitts, struggle from time to time with Parkisan while training him, has an effect on Manny.

I think in the back of his mind he doesn't want to be the reason his opponents end up like that several years down the line.

He has my respect for the mercy he shows on his opponents and I don't get the critism he gets for not going for the kill when he clearly has the fight won.

Comment

Theres too many death and injuries in boxing this year why do some people wanted more? Why expect Manny to add to that?

Comment

Theres too many death and injuries in boxing this year why do some people wanted more? Why expect Manny to add to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Khalid View Post
                      I wonder how much working with Freddy roach has to do with this mentality.

You have to think that watching roach shake while holding the mitts, struggle from time to time with Parkisan while training him, has an effect on Manny.

I think in the back of his mind he doesn't want to be the reason his opponents end up like that several years down the line.

He has my respect for the mercy he shows on his opponents and I don't get the critism he gets for not going for the kill when he clearly has the fight won.
                      one of the top rank ring card girls was staring at freddies head shaking when freddie was holding up his body protector for manny to sign for auction. Its pretty bad his shaking, but Rios head was shaking when Max Kellerman was interviewing him before the fight in his dressing room.

Boxing is a scary sport those prolonged arm punches that pacman was throwing are actually worse than being one punched KO'd or getting put out with a huge flurry because they will swell your brain up from the brain bouncing over and over int he skull. I wonder if pacman knows this or not?

Comment

Working...
                      X