Sugar Ray Leonard nominates Floyd to SI for Sportsman of the Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
    Didn't acknowledge the second part of his post, how convenient
    People expected him to take the fight. He looked great against Canelo but it wasn't that big a surprise that he dominated. also, he demanded a catchweight after previously berating pacquaio for doing the same thing.

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    greatly contributing to the growth of a sport
    the award is meant for "the athlete or team whose performance that year most embodies the spirit of sportsmanship and achievement." floyd is amazingly talented but i don't think he really ticks the boxes when it comes to sportsmanship. and as far as achievement goes, i wouldn't put either of his wins this year in the top 5 wins of his career nor would i rank them as the most impressive boxing performances of the year.

he's economically good for the sport but that has nothing to do with the award in question.

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
      People expected him to take the fight. He looked great against Canelo but it wasn't that big a surprise that he dominated. also, he demanded a catchweight after previously berating pacquaio for doing the same thing.

the award is meant for "the athlete or team whose performance that year most embodies the spirit of sportsmanship and achievement." floyd is amazingly talented but i don't think he really ticks the boxes when it comes to sportsmanship. and as far as achievement goes, i wouldn't put either of his wins this year in the top 5 wins of his career nor would i rank them as the most impressive boxing performances of the year.

he's economically good for the sport but that has nothing to do with the award in question.

So I guess you **** on PAC now for accepting ost as well. Who gives a damn about the cs, move along like you did with the PAC cotto fight

Comment

The world is being forced by the moneyed one to bow down. Even the sugared one must give in to his will.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
          So I guess you **** on PAC now for accepting ost as well. Who gives a damn about the cs, move along like you did with the PAC cotto fight
          no, because pacquiao just said he didn't want the tests originally, but mayweather mocked pacquiao for draining fighters at catchweights(in his faceoff with cotto).

not really sure what that last sentence means to be honest...

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            greatly contributing to the growth of a sport
            If anything, Floyd's bloated salary is taking away from other fighters on Showtime's budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
              If anything, Floyd's bloated salary is taking away from other fighters on Showtime's budget.
              No because network fights and PPV fights are from different pots of money

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                No because network fights and PPV fights are from different pots of money
                Not if it's guaranteed, it isn't.

Comment

Not if it's guaranteed, it isn't.
                  He has had 74 mil in gurantees alone and there network budget was 32 mil I believe or lower they aren't getting paid from the same pot.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                    He has had 74 mil in gurantees alone and there network budget was 32 mil I believe or lower they aren't getting paid from the same pot.
                    If they lost money on the Guerrero fight, which seemed to be the case but I'm not positive since I don't dick ride fighter purses, then they have to pay him out of somewhere.

Comment

If they lost money on the Guerrero fight, which seemed to be the case but I'm not positive since I don't dick ride fighter purses, then they have to pay him out of somewhere.
                      They get paid the same night of the fight not after; PPV bonus is decided later

Comment

Working...
                      X