No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo-Gabe Rosado Possible in Play For 1/25

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HardSciFi View Post
    Most of the time things aren't rigged, it's just incompetence. Look at what judges get paid, there's a reason why the analysts on tv get paid more (they have to speak and obviously be knowledgeable about the fights, so often they are scoring the fights better than the judges).

I don't think Showtime wants Rosado to lose all the time. If he wins he's a really good story that they can get behind and promote for future fights.

As far as promoters and networks wanting certain fighters to win, their influence really comes on where the fight takes place (sometimes when it takes place and at what weight can also influence in one fighter's direction too).

That cut was nasty, it was early in the round, even if you let it go on you'd be stopping it in another 30-45 seconds.

I agree the judging on that one was terrible, but it still seemed that Quillin was up a little bit. I'd of loved to see what happened, had Quillin not opened up that cut on his head, but he did and that is boxing.
    if it was just incompetence you would see judges having crazy scorecards and giving robberies in favor of the b-side fighters and that happens basically never. you would see refs granting early stoppages to b-side fighters and that never happens. you would see doctors stopping the fights when the a-side fighter is cut and that never happens(unless its from a headbutt and they are up) so no it's not incompetence.

Comment

Gabe should push for a rematch against Quillin, he's being used by Golden Boy as a stepping stone.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Gabe should push for a rematch against Quillin, he's being used by Golden Boy as a stepping stone.
        why would golden boy do that though? he gave quillin all he could handle and looked like the better fighter for most of that fight. golden boy doesn't want quillin to lose so they won't be making that rematch. they are going to keep quillin on a steady diet of bums until they can sacrifice him to a good fighter. he will have so much hype like berto that people will think it's a great win(ortiz)

Comment

GBP has turned Gabe in2 an opponent, nothing more...sad, he has some talent...

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            why would golden boy do that though? he gave quillin all he could handle and looked like the better fighter for most of that fight. golden boy doesn't want quillin to lose so they won't be making that rematch. they are going to keep quillin on a steady diet of bums until they can sacrifice him to a good fighter. he will have so much hype like berto that people will think it's a great win(ortiz)
            Because the fight was pretty good and a rematch will attract more viewers.

Comment

I called this a little while back, and I think Rosado should take it. He might think that the match-up is beneath him, but it's similar to his match with Love. Win and it could lead to bigger things.

Comment

Rosado just got the deal with GB to be used as a gatekeeper?

Dumb if you ask me. By the time the deal is done he'll have a couple more losses and will be back to FNF or NBCSports.

Idk how much he got paid but couldve possibly made more if he kept winning.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed
                  Glad someone else sees it too.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I feel bad for Rosado, he should be wearing Quillin's strap and instead he gets used as gate keeper by Goldenboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      This says it best and to the point ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X