Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Wilder the Hardest Puncher at Heavy weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Wilder the Hardest Puncher at Heavy weight?

I've watched wilder KO fighters with that right hand but i have to ask where does he get his HUGE power from?

Look at Wladimir Kilitschko, Punch technique is excellent, Huge Shoulders, Huge legs and Huge calf muscles. All these combined give him great power in his punches.

But when you look at Deontay Wilder, he has Huge Shoulders, but he has really skinny legs and decent punching technique for a PRO (he windmills sometimes). So how does he generate so much power in his shots? Can he do this just by using his Huge shoulders to help turn into his right hand even without having huge legs to drive into his punches. Or are Wilder's skinny legs deceiving and are actually much stronger than they look without being HUGE. Although i have noticed that even though wilder has skinny legs, his legs are lean and move pretty fast as he is punching. Is this Why?

Most big punchers had Huge Legs/ Huge Calves and Huge Shoulders e.g. Pacquiao, Golovkin, Stevenson, Mathysee, Tyson, Foreman, the Russian guy (forgot his name) who KO'ed Cleverly didnt have HUGE legs but you could see his legs were really solid almost like tree trunks.
    Last edited by Kid-Chocolate; 11-19-2013, 08:41 AM. Reason: mistake

Hearns, mcclellan, julian jackson, benn had skinny legs and could land devasting bombs

Comment

he's not, Wlad is because his power is proven at the top
      Wilder hasn't demonstrated his power against anybody who matters
      he has raw power but we don't know what it means vs real foes yet
      Wlad's right hand has taken out plenty of ranked guys

Comment

All guys at heavyweight possess the power to ko all there opponents they just dont have the skill level to catch all of their opponents

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
          Agree with this.

Comment

If a guy can swing that wide and catch someone it will most likely result in a KO. But to be caught with a punch that is that wide usually means you're a pretty **** boxer - just like Wilder's opposition.

Comment

You crazy, who's he kayoed worth his salt? Wilder has proven nothing other than kayoing stiffs..

Comment

Same way Ali Raymi is the hardest puncher ever

Comment

He might not be the hardest puncher. And due to his opposition, it's a fair to doubt it.

But that right hand is legit, in my mind.

I think he lands it flush on anybody in the division, and it's good night Irene.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                    I agree. wilder has power for sure but his opponents have been terrible. he may very well hit as hard or harder but we just don't know yet. will tell you this,,,wlad and haye would have also starched all of wilders opponents out as well. time will tell just how devastating wilders power really is

Comment

Working...
                    X