Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd Mayweather About To Be Added To The Long List Of People Who Avoided Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez did turn down a fight with Khan. His trainer didn't want the fight.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
      Dude, as a fellow Khan fan, I'm asking you to stop posting things like this. It just makes Khan (and us Khan fans) look bad, and provides the Khan haters with ammunition.

I have a feeling Khan has one big surprise left, and will make a lot of people want to eat their words, but let's wait until it actually happens.

Comment

Mayweather will win.

Comment

I hope so..............

Comment

Geez give it a rest! Ask that same question to those who made khan dance! Mayweather beats ALL of them!

Comment

I sure hope he does

Comment

If Floyd picked any of the dozens of guys who deserve a fight with him far more than Khan does for his May 2014 fight I would be proud of him. Mayweather has no fear of Khan because he is a 100 times better fighter than Khan. Khan just barely beat Diaz who is rated as #38 in the world by Boxrec. Prescott will fight Khan any time any place for any amount of money but Khan does not want that. Alexander was ready to fight Khan but Khan doesn't want that. Brook has called out Khan many times but Khan doesn't want that. Today's Khan is not feared. He is a low risk high reward fighter these days and lots of fighters would love a Khan fight.

Comment

Mayweather does not fear Khan. Only Khan's most devoted English fans think he fears Khan. Mayweather may fear all the negative reaction from fans and the press if he fights soft touch Khan instead of a more deserving, winning fighter that actually has some chance of beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                    Who knows for sure if Mayweather sees Khan as too much of a risk? Bradley publicly admitted (very literally) that Khan was too risky, Nacho Beristain (Marquez trainer) said words to that effect, and Alexander always gets another opponent whenever the Khan fight is mentioned (Porter is the third time he has done this, he did it twice at 140).

If people want to ignore the facts that's fine, i'll put it down to their own unwillingness to believe that Khan can cause these sort of insecurities within fighters, but it has happened repeatedly in the past and very publicly in Bradley's case. Khan's style is risky, maybe too risky for even Floyd. Maybe not, who knows..
                    Khan is the reason the alexander fight didnt go through...we was waitin on khan to take offer. Tht was a fight tht could put devon in position for a floyd fight...we got porter AFTER khan declined...

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Mayweather does not fear Khan. Only Khan's most devoted English fans think he fears Khan. Mayweather may fear all the negative reaction from fans and the press if he fights soft touch Khan instead of a more deserving, winning fighter that actually has some chance of beating him.
                      We don't know for sure if Mayweather is avoiding Khan for the same reasons Bradley, Alexander and Marquez did. I doubt Mayweather "fears" Khan but he might be hesitant that Khan's speed could cause more problems than a slower fighter. Mayweather is a master tactician with far better all-round skills than Khan. The problem is Khan's speed might still be a problem at this later stage of Mayweather's career. Then again, it might not be a problem, who knows for sure.. But it's a possible reason why Mayweather is showing signs that he might be avoiding this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X