Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd Mayweather About To Be Added To The Long List Of People Who Avoided Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Floyd Mayweather About To Be Added To The Long List Of People Who Avoided Khan?

Julius Eater Chavez Jr has been told by Mayweather that he's unsure about the Khan fight and it might just be due to Khan's speed..

Mayweather's closest fight for years was probably against Judah, a guy that could match Floyd for speed. We saw what Khan did to a slightly faded Judah, he destroyed him much more impressively than Mayweather did. Although Mayweather of course did fight the better version of Judah.

Is Khan's speed Floyd's kryptonite and is that why Floyd is showing signs that he might avoid the Khan fight, just like Bradley, Alexander and Marquez did?

When you think about it, is Khan one of the most feared fighters in and around the division - in reality he's been ducked more than most other fighters out there, and ducked by top level opponents too. There are people who refuse to accept these truths and offer countless excuses but the facts are the facts people.

Are we about to add Floyd to the list or will he get past the hesitation, man up and fight Khan, regardless of the inherent risks?

Dude, as a fellow Khan fan, I'm asking you to stop posting things like this. It just makes Khan (and us Khan fans) look bad, and provides the Khan haters with ammunition.

I have a feeling Khan has one big surprise left, and will make a lot of people want to eat their words, but let's wait until it actually happens.
    Last edited by Black Barty; 11-18-2013, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
      Julius Eater Chavez Jr has been told by Mayweather that he's unsure about the Khan fight and it might just be due to Khan's speed..

Mayweather's closest fight for years was probably against Judah, a guy that could match Floyd for speed. We saw what Khan did to a slightly faded Judah, he destroyed him much more impressively than Mayweather did. Although Mayweather of course did fight the better version of Judah.

Is Khan's speed Floyd's kryptonite and is that why Floyd is showing signs that he might avoid the Khan fight, just like Bradley, Alexander and Marquez did?

When you think about it, is Khan one of the most feared fighters in and around the division - in reality he's been ducked more than most other fighters out there, and ducked by top level opponents too. There are people who refuse to accept these truths and offer countless excuses but the facts are the facts people.

Are we about to add Floyd to the list or will he get past the hesitation, man up and fight Khan, regardless of the inherent risks?
      I'm leaving to work with a big smile on my face Thank you Nigel!

Comment

@ Julius Eater Chavez Jr

Comment

Floyd hasnt been in a technical fight in ages most of the dudes he's foughts only chance to win was by punchers chance.
          I say it all the time biscuit chin never really struggles with boxers only punchers and aggressive fighters.

Floyd isn't really agressive or much of a puncher anymore which could be a problem for floyd. I think khan would get his ass whooped in the pocket because he had alot of problems with peterson up close which resulted in points being taken. And no one can really outwork floyd in the pocket.

But khan does have the footwork and jab and combinations to keep the fight on the outside which is why i think floyd goes on the defensive when khans name is mentioned

Comment

Did Prescott avoid a rematch with Khan too?

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
              Floyd hasnt been in a technical fight in ages most of the dudes he's foughts only chance to win was by punchers chance.
              I say it all the time biscuit chin never really struggles with boxers only punchers and aggressive fighters.

Floyd isn't really agressive or much of a puncher anymore which could be a problem for floyd. I think khan would get his ass whooped in the pocket because he had alot of problems with peterson up close which resulted in points being taken. And no one can really outwork floyd in the pocket.

But khan does have the footwork and jab and combinations to keep the fight on the outside which is why i think floyd goes on the defensive when khans name is mentioned
              If Garcia and Julio Diaz can time and counter Khan, what makes you think Floyd can't?

Again, I'm a big Khan fan, I have no problem with Floyd vs Khan and I would laugh my a.ss off if Khan somehow won, but it's one thing to be a fan and another to be delusional.

Comment

khan vs mayweather fight would be exciting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
                  Dude, as a fellow Khan fan, I'm asking you to stop posting things like this. It just makes Khan (and us Khan fans) look bad, and provides the Khan haters with ammunition.

I have a feeling Khan has one big surprise left, and will make a lot of people want to eat their words, but let's wait until it actually happens.
                  Who knows for sure if Mayweather sees Khan as too much of a risk? Bradley publicly admitted (very literally) that Khan was too risky, Nacho Beristain (Marquez trainer) said words to that effect, and Alexander always gets another opponent whenever the Khan fight is mentioned (Porter is the third time he has done this, he did it twice at 140).

If people want to ignore the facts that's fine, i'll put it down to their own unwillingness to believe that Khan can cause these sort of insecurities within fighters, but it has happened repeatedly in the past and very publicly in Bradley's case. Khan's style is risky, maybe too risky for even Floyd. Maybe not, who knows..

Comment

i actually thought TS was serious until i read the part about alexander, marquez and bradley "avoiding" khan. lol

you can make a case for bradley avoiding khan, but we all know he didnt take that fight to get pacquiao and later marquez instead. both a hundred times better fighters than khan. marquez obviously never avoided khan, he would knock him out with ease and khan was the one who turned down alexander.

how could someone possibly claim devon avoided khan? what more could he possibly have done to make that fight? its common knowledge khan turned him down after devon jumped through just about every hoop imaginable to get khan to fight him.

obviously floyd couldnt be accused of avoiding khan either, khan doesnt deserve to fight him in the first place. might as well say he is ducking kendall holt or josesito lopez while you are at it and why stop there? throw any name in there, in fact i think hes ducking me too. never even boxed pro but still.

Comment

Working...
                    X