Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I doubt Ward will get that big money fight in Europe.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    I will be surprised if Ward stays for long at HBO, with performances like this. Boxing is not just about winning but also about how you win. Ward couldn't stop a tune up opponent who was dominated.

Do you think he won new fans last night? I dont.
    I agree but at the same time, Nelson... It was obvious that the HBO team was told to hype him up. HBO is running out of fighters and they're trying to keep ANYBODY they can.

No doubt. Here's an observation I made which I believe is accurate: Pacquiao, Mayweather, Martinez etc can all shine on PURE ABILITY. Meaning they don't need to resort to dirty and lame tactics to get thru a fight, you get what I mean? Pacquiao can shine in a fight with his offensive ability alone. Mayweather does the same with his defense, movement and accuracy. They get merit based on pure skill and ability/talent.

Ward, however, can't. He cannot go thru a fight on pure stylistic methods alone, he needs to hug, come in with his head and all those other mediocre tactics in order to get thru a fight. That to me is not a P4P fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      There is no big money fight in Europe for Ward.
      Yeah. That's what I said in the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
        I believe if ward came to England...

Bringing belt to Britain is about the ******est things a decision fighter can do these days.

Comment

Originally posted by FAt tEDDY View Post
          Bringing belt to Britain is about the ******est things a decision fighter can do these days.
          Yeah. Bring it to jOakland instead.

Comment

Why do they want to fight him so badly then?

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              Why do they want to fight him so badly then?
              A Ward fight would generate less revenue than a Kessler-Froch fight and even less if it was in the states.

Comment

Yeah. Bring it to jOakland instead.
                Can you point to a single example of Andre Ward ever being awarded a win in a fight he didn't deserve just because it was held in Oakland?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Can you point to a single example of Andre Ward ever being awarded a win in a fight he didn't deserve just because it was held in Oakland?
                  I can point out a fight where he'd have DQ'ed anywhere but jOakland.

Comment

I can point out a fight where he'd have DQ'ed anywhere but jOakland.
                    So you can't answer the original question I asked? No surprise.

Comment

Yeah. That's what I said in the OP.
                      Ward and Kessler II won't happen either here or abroad.

Comment

Working...
                      X