Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I doubt Ward will get that big money fight in Europe.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nielsen seems like the kind of a guy who will step up and get iced.

So, let's make a fan club!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      Nielsen seems like the kind of a guy who will step up and get iced.

So, let's make a fan club!!!!

I think I like his kid brother Micki more. Have you seen him yet? He fights at cruiserweight. Is a big puncher like John Wayne and has the look of an undertaker or the grimm reaper.

Furthermore I spoke with his manager, and they are thinking about nicknaming him 'battling'. Micki 'Battling' Nielsen. Not bad huh?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        I think I like his kid brother Micki more. Have you seen him yet? He fights at cruiserweight. Is a big puncher like John Wayne and has the look of an undertaker or the grimm reaper.

Furthermore I spoke with his manager, and they are thinking about nicknaming him 'battling'. Micki 'Battling' Nielsen. Not bad huh?
        You probably suggested it to him.

There is only one cruiserweight I like and that is Guillermo Jones. He's like 50, fights once every two years and knocks people the **** out. Plus he started at welterweight and is still blasting people 15 years later in a division 55 pounds higher while barely training.

So we should stick with Patrick until he fails.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Kessler and Froch got like 2 million each for their rematch. Ward is already getting paid that much on HBO to fight against the Edwin Rodriguez level. What incentive does he have to travel? Froch and Kessler would have to take a ridiculous pay cut.
          Froch and Kessler made 2.5million pound each which is just over 4.3million dollars. Froch is gonna make another 2million (3.2million dollars) minimum for the groves fight which is 7.5million dollars his last 2 fights whereas ward has made 3.25million for his last 2 fights.

I believe if ward came to England they both could make big money and easily sell out the 02 which is 20,000 or even a small stadium with 30,000 fans. I think the British fans would want to watch someone like ward simply because he is a top p4p fighter in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            What are you talking about?.

boxing. we are much, much better at it.

Comment

Ward is just a Boxing After Dark kind of fighter. He is just average for real. I don't like Floyd but you won't see me complaining about his P4P status, it is what it is. Ward however is just boring and lame. I'm glad to see most fans recognize this and networks too... I wouldn't be surprised at all if he goes back Friday Night Fights and does an ESPN PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                You probably suggested it to him.

There is only one cruiserweight I like and that is Guillermo Jones. He's like 50, fights once every two years and knocks people the **** out. Plus he started at welterweight and is still blasting people 15 years later in a division 55 pounds higher while barely training.

So we should stick with Patrick until he fails.
                Jones? Isn't that the roider who made Lebedev look like a cyclops?

Your favourite fighters are always ... Hmmmm.... Odd. Caballero, Oquendo, Gerber and Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                  Ward is just a Boxing After Dark kind of fighter. He is just average for real. I don't like Floyd but you won't see me complaining about his P4P status, it is what it is. Ward however is just boring and lame. I'm glad to see most fans recognize this and networks too... I wouldn't be surprised at all if he goes back Friday Night Fights and does an ESPN PPV.
                  I will be surprised if Ward stays for long at HBO, with performances like this. Boxing is not just about winning but also about how you win. Ward couldn't stop a tune up opponent who was dominated.

Do you think he won new fans last night? I dont.

Comment

Ward isn't a draw because he isn't lucky enough to be born in Europe, where fans generally get behind their fighter, "boring" or not. You've got scam artists like Haye who draw big. It's easy to cultivate a fanbase because you're appealing to football fans who come from a culture of backing their team, so will do the same for their boxers.

Oh, Ward is boring and clinches too much? Yeah, that stopped Ricky Hatton and Wladimir didn't it?

Secondly, he hasn't sold his soul to play some provocative, racial stereotype like Mayweather and Broner, so he doesn't get attention based on all that nonsense.

Ward is an awesome fighter and the fact that he doesn't have a huge fanbase is more an indictment on American sporting culture than anything.

Comment

There is no big money fight in Europe for Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X