Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I doubt Ward will get that big money fight in Europe.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    There has been some talk about a return with Froch in the UK and there has been a lot of speculation in Denmark on Sauerland wanting to give Ward a truckload of cash to face Mikkel Kessler in Copenhagen in the spring.

I cannot see either happen know even if Ward somehow discovered his passport. Ward is simply too boring, too dirty and too unspectacular to be the kind of draw his p4p status leads to assume.
    His last two fights have been less boring actually. I still have painful memories of the Miranda fight which set the record for clinches. But he's been better against Dawson and Rodriguez even entertaining at times with his crisp straight punches and nice hooks.

That being said, he should just retire. People don't like him, and not even in the way they don't like Mayweather. With Mayweather they watch to see if he maybe will be knocked out. With Ward, they just want him to go away and they change the channel.

And plus, he already kicked Froch and Kessler's ass decisively so there's really nothing left to prove.

He was gone 14 months and nobody missed him. Well maybe 20 people did, all NSB posters and maybe his family.

And why does he capitalize O? SOG? WTF? I am Andre Ward the SOG from the USOA.
    Last edited by jreckoning; 11-17-2013, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Pacquiao-Margarito is an ass kicking.

To call Ward beating Froch an ass kicking is laughable. Fool was hanging on for dear life in the last three rounds.

In the old days when they fought till there was a winner, Froch would win every single time.

Froch is a better fighter.

However i will admit that Ward's grabbing, clinching, wrestling and hitting on the break is highly effective.

Comment

Originally posted by FAt tEDDY View Post
        Carl Froch:
        Jermain Taylor – $600,000
        Super 6 Tournament – $750K to $1 Million Per fight
        Lucian Bute – $1 Million
        Yusaf Mack - ?
        Kessler:

5M for Calzaghe
        1.3 M for Ward
        1.3M for Froch I
        1.1M for Bouadla
        1.4M for Green
        1.4M for Magee
        3.2M for Froch II

Kessler got the same for Magee as Ward got for Dawson. The cashcow of the division resides in Denmark.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Kessler and Froch got like 2 million each for their rematch. Ward is already getting paid that much on HBO to fight against the Edwin Rodriguez level. What incentive does he have to travel? Froch and Kessler would have to take a ridiculous pay cut.
          As much as HBO didn't want to pay him that much

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            gate money has very little to do with the purses these guys make. they make their money from the networks buying and broadcasting their fights, and ward does well in ratings on HBO.

ward's actually a pretty decent local draw in oakland. he can sell 10K seats at a decent price . i know you brits literalyl can't understand this, but california is a huge place. it's a six or seven hour drive from oakland to ontario california. it's probably around 500 miles. you're almost better off getting on a plane.
            Froch-Kessler III could sell 50K easily. I cannot see Ward vs. either could sell even half of that. Thats the biggest reason, apart from his misplaced passport, that a return will never be made.

Comment

Why does Ward need to fight Froch and Kessler again?

Comment

Kessler:

5M for Calzaghe
                1.3 M for Ward
                1.3M for Froch I
                1.1M for Bouadla
                1.4M for Green
                1.4M for Magee
                3.2M for Froch II

Kessler got the same for Magee as Ward got for Dawson. The cashcow of the division resides in Denmark.
                Patrick Nielsen should move up to try to avenge Kessler's defeat to Ward and bring pride back to Denmark.
                I hope Nielsen likes Oakland. San Francisco is nearby so he could do some sightseeing while in America.

Comment

Kessler:

5M for Calzaghe
                  1.3 M for Ward
                  1.3M for Froch I
                  1.1M for Bouadla
                  1.4M for Green
                  1.4M for Magee
                  3.2M for Froch II

Damn...Kessler is getting paid

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    Patrick Nielsen should move up to try to avenge Kessler's defeat to Ward and bring pride back to Denmark.
                    I hope Nielsen likes Oakland. San Francisco is nearby so he could do some sightseeing while in America.

Shall we make a fangruop for the Nielsen show? Gerber has been shafted so much that he decided to retire leaving us all wondering what could have been.

Comment

Shall we make a fangruop for the Nielsen show? Gerber has been shafted so much that he decided to retire leaving us all wondering what could have been.

Yeah, Gerber has decided to pursue a degree in astronomy at the University of Heidelberg. That man was always shooting for the stars.
                      I am proud to say I saw him at his peak live against a wily though overmatched opponent.

It turns out Gerber is a man of peace which I admire but don't understand.

I feel Ward should take a clue from Gerber and retire as well. Maybe in the halls of academia he will realize how dumb the moniker "SOG" is.

Comment

Working...
                      X