Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can enjoy boxers that arent brawlers, but I just cant enjoy watching ward's holding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I respect your opinion. Ward isn't for everybody.

You watch a fight and just want to see action. I watch Ward and I see a smart fighter that has a great sense of distance, lands his combinations and then smothers because like they always say "when you land a punch something is coming back in return".

And I like old school inside fighting. Too many fighters avoid fighting on the inside nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
      I'd rather watch Charlie Ward fight than Andre Ward.

That's Chris Childs.

Comment

yeah i gotta be honest, this guy bores me as much as sunday mass.

no denying his skills but a PPV with ward on it, i'm never buying.

Comment

When Wlad holds its horrible but when Ward holds its amazing. I don't get it

Comment

Originally posted by KickAzz View Post
            When Ward holds its 'slick' apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by KickAzz View Post
              I can answer that. Wlad holds to avoid fighting inside. Same with guys like Alexander. They want to keep the fight in the outside and clinch when the opponent closes the distance because they don't have much of an inside game.

Ward is the best inside fighter in boxing today. He smothers as a defensive tactic as well but he works in the clinch and has an exceptional short range attack.

I respect both and don't have a problem with either but there is a difference. The only thing I don't like about Wlad is he uses his size to push down and wear his opponent down some times but if its not called then who cares? After all it is a fight.
              Last edited by -PBP-; 11-17-2013, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Only after an HBO fight will you hear all the crybabies come out complaining about the way a guy fights. I guess all these cats if they were in a fight with a dude fighting them like a maniac that they wouldn't hold so the guy couldn't get off some cheap shot when they were up close. Clenching is a part if boxing, you don't go in and burn yourself out trying to punch when its not effective. That stupid, hench that's why there's a referee in there. Ward doesn't hold or clench anymore then other fighters, people just need something to hate on the guy about.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                  I'd rather watch Charlie Ward fight than Andre Ward.

You mean Chris Childs?

Comment

The funny thing about this is everyone thats complaining are GGG fans and they are gonna hate on Ward because they know he will beat GGG the same way. They arent boxing fans they are brawling fans and they believe you should let the opponent tee off on you so they can judge how "TOUGH" you are.
                    If he's doing something illegal the ref can take a point but he's boxing within the rules and WINNING. These ladies look at boxing according to who they want to win not with an unbiased eye. They want people to end up in the hospital like the heavyweight from a couple of weeks ago who's life is still on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                      yeah i gotta be honest, this guy bores me as much as sunday mass.

no denying his skills but a PPV with ward on it, i'm never buying.
                      Exactly, and I wouldn't blame GGG to go up to 168 and fight Froch, Kessler or someone else rather than Ward. He's going to make you look bad, might as well go up to fight fighters that will open up and trade with you.

I'll never buy a ward headlined PPV fight, I'll wait a week out to catch highlights on HBO

Comment

Working...
                      X