No announcement yet.

K2 Board Member: Winner of Tua vs Ustinov Gets Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K2 Board Member: Winner of Tua vs Ustinov Gets Wladimir Klitschko

Apparently a K2 Promotions board member who translated a pre-fight dressing room interview with Ustinov has said that the winner of the Tua vs Ustinov fight is likely to get Wladimir Klitschko in the next fight.

No, just no. I like Wlad, he is my second favorite active heavyweight, but if this turns out to be true, i will lose all respect for him. I'm OK with him not fighting Pulev next, but if he picks the winner of this farce over Pulev...

Comment

Hope this is a joke.

Comment

There are about 20 active Heavyweights that rather see against Wlad than Ustinov or Tua... He's slipped in his opposition since Haye w/ the exception of Povetkin (who put up a surprise effort)...

Comment

people are suprised?

Comment

This is not a terrible fight, Ustinov's size alone makes it interesting. Yes Pulev is ranked as the main contender but I don't believe he wants the fight just yet and the difficulty he had with Thompson suggests he should fight a couple more well rounded opponents.

There's Stiverne but he is number one WBC, Haye and Fury have unfinished business, Arreola has shows time and time again he doesn't belong in the upper echelons so who else can there be?

Stiverne v Wlad would be a good fight but he is holding out on Vitali, retirement equals a shot at the vacant title.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
              There are about 20 active Heavyweights that rather see against Wlad than Ustinov or Tua... He's slipped in his opposition since Haye w/ the exception of Povetkin (who put up a surprise effort)...
              If the ref in the Ustinov reffed Povetkin v Klitschko, Alexander would have knocked Wlad the eff out.

Comment

Ustinov looked sluggish and slow in the Tua fight. It's the first time I've seen a fighter gas without actually throwing punches. I guess breathing makes him tired?

Anyway, Wladimir would murder this guy within 6 rounds or less.

Comment

Neither deserve a shot at even a regional title.

Comment

Hahaha, holy ****. Ustinov is one of the worst I've ever seen. I remember him scraping past Monte Barrett in an absolute stinker on a K2 undercard.

Comment

Working...
                    X