Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"When Rios wins I prove that I was more valuable to Team Pac than Roach was" - Ariza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "When Rios wins I prove that I was more valuable to Team Pac than Roach was" - Ariza

I heard an interview with Ariza on On The Ropes boxing show. Sounds like he blames Roach for a lot of the Wildcard fighters losing lately, including Pacquiao. He says Roach has deteriorated in recent years and he's the reason fighters lose, he just can't physically cope with being an effective trainer - too slow on the mitts, too much physical demand on him as a person with parkinsons disease.

He also said Roach got caught up in fame and limelight, he's let the fame get to his head. Finally a main message that Ariza tried to get across was that if Rios beats Pacquiao it will prove that Ariza was more important to Team Pac than Roach. It would show that his strength and conditioning was a main key to victory.

So Pacquiao vs Rios is also Ariza vs Roach, at least from Ariza's perspective..

Manny looked better than he did in years in the 4th Marquez fight when he stopped listening to Ariza. Yeah he got KO'd but that has nothing to do with conditioning, Ariza is one of the most overrated people in boxing period.

Comment

Sounds like Ariza's ego is still running wild, it's amazing that Pac was able to succeed with Roach and Ariza bickering all the time.

Comment

Ariza just take a back seat. Nobody cares about your impact or lack of impact

Comment

so if rios loses, then that means that he wasn't valuable at all? lol

Comment

stfu ariza!! i cant believe i used to defend this fool when the flomoes was going in on him. if rios win it has nothing to do with u alex! pac looked great prior to the KO, it wasnt like pac was fading off or his punches was weak. pac looked great and did a dumb move and pay for it thats all. had nothing to do with conditioning. i dont even know why some people on here is questioning pac's stamina when pac is never known to fade off in a fight way even before ariza came along.

Comment

i think its ariza that is letting the fame gets to him. he knows damm well that pac made him and if rios loses then ariza's business will suffer big time. lets face it, boxers is requesting ariza now all because of the performance from pac in the recent years. if it wasnt for pac ariza would be at a local gym somewhere working for pitty change.

Comment

why would anyone care what Ariza has to say about anything other than either confirming or denying if he eer gave manny any ped's. other than that info, nothing he has to say is relevant.

Comment

if Rios wins, it just proves that Pac is shot, and that's all it proves

Comment

What a classless idiot. If it weren't for Roach Ariza would be mixing energy drinks for some fat slub at a Gold's Gym in LA instead of working with elite fighters. Ariza is nothing without Roach.
                    For him to put Roach on blast like that, true or not, shows what type of man he is.

Comment

Working...
                    X