Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward "To fight B-Hop he would have to call me out"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see this fight for the lulz.

hugging, headbutts and dirty fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
      What was so good about the Super 6 fighters he beat, he fought all of them in his home town, with Lord knows how much other ****ery taking place in the background............

Froch is the best name you could pull, and he was well on his way to receiving a L vs a completely shot Taylor before Taylor melted before our eyes in the 12th

Now once again what is so good about the names on Ward resume, Im all for standing with your fighter and such but lets not overrate his resume,
      FYI Ward isn't "my fighter". I'm a Cotto fan first and foremost. As for Ward, he beat Kessler when Kessler was the consensus #1 SMW in the world. I'll give you Bika and Green seeing as they we're fill ins. That said he ended Green for all intents and purposes when he was still considered a boogeyman and with Bika he beat him at his own bruising dirty game. But I digress, they aren't world talents I agree. Let's not forget Abraham was the favorite to win the SuperSix when it started and Ward dismantled him. He too has never been the same. As for Froch... He's a P4Per on many lists and Ward destroyed said P4Per with a busted hand and injured shoulder. Wasn't even close. He then took on the consensus LHW King and KO'd him (albeit at 168). But he too hasn't been the same since. Ward has hardly lost any rounds let alone come close to losing.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
        I would like to see this fight for the lulz.

hugging, headbutts and dirty fighting.
        LMAO thats all it will be, and Ward cant beat a heavier Hopkins fighting that style. If the ref allows dirty fighting BHOP looks very prime as he proved in his last match

Comment

I see many more intriguing matchups - GGG, Kovalev, Stevenson, Chavez Jr., Froch

Hopkins also spoke at Ward following Hopkins vs Cloud basically saying he wasnt going to fight him

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
            FYI Ward isn't "my fighter". I'm a Cotto fan first and foremost. As for Ward, he beat Kessler when Kessler was the consensus #1 SMW in the world. I'll give you Bika and Green seeing as they we're fill ins. That said he ended Green for all intents and purposes when he was still considered a boogeyman and with Bika he beat him at his own bruising dirty game. But I digress, they aren't world talents I agree. Let's not forget Abraham was the favorite to win the SuperSix when it started and Ward dismantled him. He too has never been the same. As for Froch... He's a P4Per on many lists and Ward destroyed said P4Per with a busted hand and injured shoulder. Wasn't even close. He then took on the consensus LHW King and KO'd him (albeit at 168). But he too hasn't been the same since. Ward has hardly lost any rounds let alone come close to losing.
            Now who did Kessler beat to touted as the best 168 pounder, ill wait??????

And that's my point about 168, and the super 6 so called tournament which was nothing more than a network lining up fighter after average fighter for Ward to look good against with every advantage over...................
            Last edited by sbbigmike; 11-13-2013, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Ward aint slick though, he's mentioning BHOP cause Hopkins is handcuffed by Showtime I bet he wont mention GGG, he's trying face with this comment. The world see his diva *****made cherrypicking ways though

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
                You arent gonna beat BHOP fighting a BHOP style match he does that **** in his sleep just look at BHOP last match........

Ward is no superman, his power is questionable, he's been put on his ass before, he has ok speed, but he's nothing special he had the luxury of fighting in a weak division after feasting and showtime throwing a showcase tournament strictly for him facing shopworn c class at best fighters, with ever possible advantage over them. BHOP is a different type of animal, trust me Ward dont want those problems
                Dumbest post I have seen. Ward was inexperienced and an underdog entering that tournament. Kessler was touted to win the entire thing. Kessler wasn't a shot fighter and Froch was very prime. Abraham was still a legit threat.

If you don't see nothing special in Ward, then your opinion of the entire SMW division must not be high. Ward is definitely an animal...at this stage of Bernard's career-Ward owns him.Remember, you don't need big power to beat Hopkins...Dawson and Calzaghe proved this-and both guys aren't power punchers...you just have to outwork him...also note that southpaws can give Bernard fits-because he only looks for a straight right. If you take that away from him (as a southpaw), it is very winnable.

Comment

i want to see ward against kovalev. that's the most natural fight imo.

Comment

Ward would retire before he goes up to 175 to fight....unless he's fighting a former 168 pounder he already beat....someone he can hold and headbutt - kinda like Floyd not fighting anyone with a real reach advantage. I wish he would retire already myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X