Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Mike Mccallum destroys everyone at 154 today. And no it won't be hard.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Mike Mccallum destroys everyone at 154 today. And no it won't be hard.

I dare anyone to doubt this claim.

6 Feet tall ATG JMW. Arguably the greatest JMW (H2H) of all times. Would actually be a slight favorite over Hearns/Leonard.

He will be 5 inches taller than Floyd and everyone else in today's division. Add his great boxing skills, pure granite chin, dynamite power, brutal body shots and uncanny ring generalship. He destroys everyone.

I feel like people talk and talk about Hearns/Leonard beating Floyd, the actual guy who would without a doubt dominate 154 Mayweather is the body snatcher.

Trout,Lara,Canelo,Cotto etc would all be dead within 3-4 Rounds.

He was very good but Hearns was better and Leonard was just as good or better. I would pick GGG to win by KO and Mayweather would have a good chance to beat him in my opinion.I think he was very good but I don't rate him as high as you do.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDemon8888 View Post
      I dare anyone to doubt this claim.

6 Feet tall ATG JMW. Arguably the greatest JMW (H2H) of all times. Would actually be a slight favorite over Hearns/Leonard.

He will be 5 inches taller than Floyd and everyone else in today's division. Add his great boxing skills, pure granite chin, dynamite power, brutal body shots and uncanny ring generalship. He destroys everyone.

I feel like people talk and talk about Hearns/Leonard beating Floyd, the actual guy who would without a doubt dominate 154 Mayweather is the body snatcher.

Trout,Lara,Canelo,Cotto etc would all be dead within 3-4 Rounds.
      I agree, mccallum would chew up all the current guys and destroy canelo, but so would alot of the guys from then,, can you imagine donald curry, terry norris, julien jackson, fighting today,, they would all be top 10 p4p and guys like pauli, jmm, bradley, ghost, alexander, broner, maidana would be considered fringe contenders instead of champs

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      He was very good but Hearns was better and Leonard was just as good or better. I would pick GGG to win by KO and Mayweather would have a good chance to beat him in my opinion.I think he was very good but I don't rate him as high as you do.
      GGG and floyd have never been in the ring with a guy the caliber of mccallum,, this isnt macklin or corrales or JLC,, this was a straight up elite boxer and killed the body and proved it vs the very best

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        That's outrageous and that statement make me a bit suspicious as to if you actually watched his fights.

First off..GGG is 160... Mike's best Weight was 154.. we don't know how GGG would perform at 154.

2nd off........20 Pounds above his best weight against Prime Roy Jones(who hits every bit as hard as GGG at the 160-175 weight classes and is much much faster) and against James Toney..........he still went the distance with his chin intact.

If two bona fide ATG'S can not KO him.. what makes you think GGG can?

A 154 Pounder taking bombs from 170+ guys and he still was never knocked out. How can a 160 GGG KO him?

Comment

Mike McCallum would've beat the **** out of GG.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            Mike McCallum would've beat the **** out of GG.
            Hard to say I need to see more of what he is made of, we did verify that his chin is rock solid though he is not hard to find but I don't like to rate retired great fighters against the current crop until I have seen them against the best of the best.

Comment

No way do I see anyone from 154 to 160 beating McCallum

Comment

McCallum was avoided for a reason. At 154 there is nobody in the current crop that can beat him IMO. He took Julian Jackson's big bombs and was rarely hurt in a fight. He could be outboxed but it had to be an exceptional boxer

Comment

This thread belongs in a different forum.

Comment

You have a good point. But there are a few fighters who would give him challenge. Floyd being one of them. Look at Donald Curry's fight with him back in 1987. Floyds handspeed is just as good as Currys but Floyd is far more defensively responsible. I could see Floyd having some success. I would proabably pick McCallum to beat him. McCallum would not destroy Floyd,...No Way.

Comment

Working...
                    X