No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder or Anthony Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
    Wilder on power alone. Neither guys boxing skills impress me much.
    Olympic Gold Medalists don't impress me = You don't know shit about boxing.

Go home.

Comment

I think Wilder is showing us the blueprint for how Joshua will turn out. Wilder is big, strong and has been matched with opponents where he doesn't need anything other than these two attributes. Eddie Hearn will milk the British public by throwing Joshua in with fighters who have decent records on paper but will fall under his power also. Joshua, like wilder has turned pro with a lot of potential, but will get no development fighting people that crumble the first time he lands a shot, couple this with a short (albeit successful) amateur career and he will eventually start relying on his power.

I thought Joshua was lucky to get the win against savon and even luckier to get the count back against cammarelle. His future professional development would have been better had he not been 'helped' in London.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
        I dont know. Lets see Joshua against the last few guys Wilder fought and see if hes more impressive.

If Wilder had Emmanuel Steward or even Freddy Roach he would guaranteed be a champion. His trainer is awful and is making him fall in love with hos power without tightening up his technique. Its still too soon to say with Joshua. Lets wait until he gets more fights and see how he progresses.

Shiiiiit even Anne Wolfe would be great for Wilder.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

The 2 guys Joshua dominated during his 1ST TWO FIGHTS are better than 90% of Wilder's 30 fight resume... I'm serious.

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
          I think Wilder is showing us the blueprint for how Joshua will turn out. Wilder is big, strong and has been matched with opponents where he doesn't need anything other than these two attributes. Eddie Hearn will milk the British public by throwing Joshua in with fighters who have decent records on paper but will fall under his power also. Joshua, like wilder has turned pro with a lot of potential, but will get no development fighting people that crumble the first time he lands a shot, couple this with a short (albeit successful) amateur career and he will eventually start relying on his power.

I thought Joshua was lucky to get the win against savon and even luckier to get the count back against cammarelle. His future professional development would have been better had he not been 'helped' in London.
          The Joshua who dominated Butlin will KO both Savon and Cammarelle. He have improved 10x since those fights. And that was only last year. His rate of improvement is shockingly fast. I don't think you guys watched his 1st two fights. The guy was turning jabs into left hooks.

Comment

Joshua looks pretty solid fundamentally, is in impeccable shape but he's unproven. Wilder has flaws, is also in impeccable shape, is largely unproven but he has awesome power and he has the 'killer instinct' that many heavyweights lack today. Wilder is a guy who genuinely enjoys fighting and is always looking for the big KO. I think those intangibles will take him far along with his career and attract a huge fan following as well.

My answer is Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by TheDemon8888 View Post
              The Joshua who dominated Butlin will KO both Savon and Cammarelle. He have improved 10x since those fights. And that was only last year. His rate of improvement is shockingly fast. I don't think you guys watched his 1st two fights. The guy was turning jabs into left hooks.
              I don't think it's down to improvement, it's more the fact that savon and cammarelle are world class amateurs and butlin is a professional loser ( no disrespect to Paul butlin ). Against the right opponent anyone can look a world beater, I renember Matthew hatton looking like the second coming of Julio Cesar Chavez stopping Roberto belge with a rib crunching body shot. It was short lived though as he was dominated by canelo, brook and van heerden in 3 of his next 5.

I'm not denying Joshua has massive potential, but being helped to a gold medal with 2 controversial decisions then being spoon fed a bunch of no hopers isn't the best way to maximise that potential.

Comment

It is easier to give Wilder the vote for me because he is further in his career and we don't really know at this point if Joshua will make it as far yet, but I concede Joshua has more potential and I am hoping he goes far!

Comment

Pick: Wilder.

Reason: Because Earl can suck my fat Yank ball bag.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
                    I dont know. Lets see Joshua against the last few guys Wilder fought and see if hes more impressive.

If Wilder had Emmanuel Steward or even Freddy Roach he would guaranteed be a champion. His trainer is awful and is making him fall in love with hos power without tightening up his technique. Its still too soon to say with Joshua. Lets wait until he gets more fights and see how he progresses.

Shiiiiit even Anne Wolfe would be great for Wilder.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    Oh god I hope that doesn't happen.

Step down for Joshua!

Comment

I like both guys. They are both nice guys who go for the KO.

Sure, Joshua is probably the more technically sound, but Wilder has more 1 punch KO power.

I'm edging towards Joshua, purely based on Wilder having 30 fights - the last being against Firtha. That says it all. there's a reason why this guy isn't being stepped up I think. We'll see against Arreola.

I still think both guys will end up getting brutally KOd at some stage and there will be one who reigns supreme when it's all said and done.

Hughie Fury.

Comment

Working...
                      X