Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Loeffler: we want GGG fighting with Martinez or Chavez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin cant do much at middleweight if the other top fighters refuse to fight him. Might aswell got to 168.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
      GGG ducking Murray

LOL... You read this again.

Loeffler said to Ring** “Murray had turned down a previous shot for him to fight Gennady in Canada…We would like a unification fight with Martinez, or a fight with Julio Cesar Chavez…until we can get one of them in the ring with him, we’re going to keep Gennady active.”

Comment

GGG is looking great these days and I don't many of the top guys want to fight him at any weight. Froch wants to fight him in England with that home country advantage but Froch could lose his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
          Before he fights Ward at 168 he will have to have one or two fights at that weight. But before that GGG should first clear out the middleweight division. He hasn't done that yet. I think he has the potential to. But the key word is *potential.* He still has to do it.
          I agree with you he should clear 160 first, but i would like for him to quit mentioning Money May and Chavez Jr because they are out of his weight class, i firmly believe that if Martinez wins his next bout and looks to be 75% back to his old ways, he (Martinez) needs to give GGG his shot at the lineal tittle, it is only fair. I am a fan of GGG but hate his team talking to much crap along side with his nut die hard fans lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cantor5150 View Post
            I agree with you he should clear 160 first, but i would like for him to quit mentioning Money May and Chavez Jr because they are out of his weight class, i firmly believe that if Martinez wins his next bout and looks to be 75% back to his old ways, he (Martinez) needs to give GGG his shot at the lineal tittle, it is only fair. I am a fan of GGG but hate his team talking to much crap along side with his nut die hard fans lol.
            Actually nobody from his team is talking about them. They are being asked about them. What are they gonna say no we don't want Floyd or Chavez. Those are money fights. The only fighters GGG has called out are Martinez and Quillin, nobody else. These are the fighters they call out. Now if the journalists are asking them if they would fight Floyd at 154, of course they would say they would.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              GGG is looking great these days and I don't many of the top guys want to fight him at any weight. Froch wants to fight him in England with that home country advantage but Froch could lose his next fight.
              Froch won't lose his next fight imo. Moreover, he's keen to fight in Las Vegas, that's his dream.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                They offered it to him before... earlier this year, yea.
                What about this supposed offer for Feb?
                LMAO...................you can't tell some of these idiots anything man. Golovkin's promoter is an honest guy, he's not like Arum or Schaefer.....at least according to the gulliblekinites out there.

Comment

Originally posted by cantor5150 View Post
                  Why not Andre Ward? Oh yea they don't want a boxing lesson, they want a pot head or a ww or an old injured mw, but not the 168lbs champ p4p #2 who would be free to fight on feb after he gives Edwing a lesson
                  That old injured MW is still the official lineal champ. You want GGG to leave his division without having fought any top 5 guy? WTF?

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  If he had signed a deal with Showtime instead of HBO, probably would have been possible... no way HBO lets Golovkin go now....
                  Quillin kind of screwed with GBP.... they don't have any MW's and now Golovkin gives a better deal than Quillin does to fight.
                  I don't think they have another MW after Danny Jacobs
                  That's good because they'll have to give Rosado a much deserved rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    That old injured MW is still the official lineal champ. You want GGG to leave his division without having fought any top 5 guy? WTF?

That's good because they'll have to give Rosado a much deserved rematch.
                    Yea... but then where from there?
                    I like the Rosado rematch because it was closer than the judges had it.... but seriously, where from there?

Comment

Chavez? LMAO!

He should fight Martinez and if nit him then Murray is best available.

Comment

Working...
                      X