No announcement yet.

Andre Ward vs Edwin Rodriguez Prediction and Discussion Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward vs Edwin Rodriguez Prediction and Discussion Master Thread

Post all related topics in this thread for the fight coming up on Saturday and pick who you think will win in the poll!

I'll start things off with a video of Ronnie Shields saying Edwin is cut from the same cloth as Holyfield, Tyson, Sweet Pea.

Starts around 3:20

Andre Ward by KO
    25.93%
    Andre Ward by Decision
    57.41%
    Edwin Rodriguez by KO
    9.26%
    Edwin Rodriguez by Decision
    3.70%
    Draw
    3.70%

The poll is expired.

They also go hard on Andre Ward declining the VADA tests in the fight. Ronnie Shields slams him for not being a leader like Ward said he would in drug testing and not taking the initiative beforehand/during negotiations

Comment

Beat me to the master thread hou I think Ward's refusal to take VADA was due to not wanting to cave to the challenger's demands. I also hit Ward in a dominant UD or a late T/KO.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        Beat me to the master thread hou I think Ward's refusal to take VADA was due to not wanting to cave to the challenger's demands. I also hit Ward in a dominant UD or a late T/KO.
        Well, I found it interesting that Edwin was going to pay for it. I don't remember if that was up there before... but this testing seems to be coming up to no cost at him at all.
        Guess we just have to wait for his next fight.
        Not doubting Ward, just saying I didn't know that

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          Well, I found it interesting that Edwin was going to pay for it. I don't remember if that was up there before... but this testing seems to be coming up to no cost at him at all.
          Guess we just have to wait for his next fight.
          Not doubting Ward, just saying I didn't know that
          Edwin does have a sponsor that would have paid for both of them. But Manny could have easily afforded it too against Floyd and said no because he didn't want to be dictated to. I think Ward will do it in his next fight. All eyes will be watching to see if he does.

Comment

Edwin does have a sponsor that would have paid for both of them. But Manny could have easily afforded it too against Floyd and said no because he didn't want to be dictated to. I think Ward will do it in his next fight. All eyes will be watching to see if he does.
            Yea, all I know is whoever fights Ward next will probably follow after Rodriguez

Comment

ward should win easy tko or wide UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                ward should win easy tko or wide UD.
                Edwin's a good guy.... but soo damn wide and loopy

Comment

This, on paper, is a paid sparring session for Ward. ward is just too good for Edwin IMO. if it wasn't for the PED stuff no one would even be talking about this fight IMO.

Of course, they don't fight on paper and ward has been out a while so we will see.

Comment

Ward has to do testing in his next fight if he wants to avoid backlash. This isn't the first time he's turned down testing, and considering the crap he talked before about wanting to lead the charge in blood testing, his lack of it is extremely hypocritical.

That being said, I'm glad the King is back in the ring. Sucks to see such a great fighter spend so much of his prime years sidelined.

Comment

Working...
                    X