Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how come you think cotto could beat canelo when he lost to trout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    i think they both lost to trout ...
    Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    I had trout up by a round I think vs canelo. But styles make fights. Trout lefty long and rangy. CAnelo slower boxer puncher
    I had the fight a draw,but I feel both of you..

Comment

Canelo has shown how green he really is. He has power but he doesnt bring anything new that cotto hasnt already seen. I think this fight goes to the cards with canelo edging cotto by gift decision

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        We disagree. Cotto definitely surprised floyd and did better than most thought he would. Canelo looked so bad because he fought floyd the 2nd fight back with his dad. I think that skews things.

I just like Canelo. Cotto is good but I think Canelo has faced the best he will ever face, got over his nervousness, and now understands what happens during a "big fight" build up. He will not have to get to 152 nor have to do as many pre fight interviews, etc that take away from preparation.

IMO Canelo is much better than the floyd fight showed while Cotto is not as good as his last fight suggested.
        You believe the fight build up had something to do with Alvarez losing? I'm sure Alvarez was used to it by now, he has been getting that sort of attention since his teens. Yes the Mayweather fight took it to a slightly higher level but in noway did Alvarez look dazed.

He did however, seem to have struggled with the weight. Boxing correspondent friends of mine messaged me on the day of the weigh in saying that Alvarez looked like he was in trouble.

I would love to see an Alvarez v Cotto match up, this could be the greaman's last great performance.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
          he actually beat trout......only people who don't know much about boxing (or just all out hate the kid) desperately try & discredit that win from canelo.

I'm not much of a canelo fan but even i gotta admit that he won that fight........
          Alvarez/Trout was a joke. We have no idea who the better fighter was that night because a dead even fight was over on 2 terrible and likely corrupt scorecards after 8 rounds, and both fighters knew it. Even with the sham the fight ended up being, the fight could have gone either way.

Comment

The only way I see Cotto loosing vs Canelo is a gift decision or a freak KO and I can see Cotto putting down Canelo vs the other way around.

Cotto by KO/TKO.

Comment

Awwwkwwww yisssss.....mother....fuckin triangle theories

Comment

Unless Cotto is reborn, his only shot is an early KO.. if he has good stamina to go all the way I could see him pull an upset if he can hurt Canelo.

I don't think Canelo likes guys who get up close and personal, if Cotto can stay busy inside and stay off the ropes it would be easier work.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                  Styles makes fights. Cotto and Alvarez are relatively the same size. Both guys are boxer punchers that go to the body with the left.

This fight is who chin holds the most will win
                  They're not the same size lol. Canelo was 172lbs vs Trout. Cotto is small for 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantastic One View Post
                    Because people have memory issues. You're only good as your last fight. Cotto beat someone he's suppose to look good against(though his nuthuggers claim it as great) while Canelo lost to Floyd.
                    And Canelo looked lost, dazed and confused when he fought floyd, whereas Cotto gave a great fight

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    Only 2 fighters to ever outslug Cotto was Margarito and Pacquiao. Canelo isn't near their level on offense. Not even close. Much lower output.
                    this

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Alvarez/Trout was a joke. We have no idea who the better fighter was that night because a dead even fight was over on 2 terrible and likely corrupt scorecards after 8 rounds, and both fighters knew it. Even with the sham the fight ended up being, the fight could have gone either way.
                      Alvarez/Trout was a joke..........so thats why trout won or made it a draw?

look. i was rooting for trout but i was the first one to say that he lost that fight........you guys gotta get over it. trout really didn't even land anything significant. he was throwing pitter patter & landing on the arms and gloves of canelo. canelo had the better shots & hurt him multiple times through out the fight.

trout lost........theres only about 2 people in the entire world who thinks trout actually won that fight.

(even trout himself will sit down with you & tell you face to face that he lost that one)
                      Last edited by Godsfly; 11-08-2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X