No announcement yet.

Monstrous ratings for boxing in Russia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monstrous ratings for boxing in Russia

Wlad vs Povetkin came number 1 for the week in sport with 8.7 million viewers with a 33% share. Number 2 was the UEFA league with 11% share and 4.1 million viewers. A 33% share is massive and highly unusual for Russian TV.

Likewise Prov vs Alvarado came second in another week with an 11.9 share and 1.6 million viewers. Number 1 was a world cup qualifier with a 19% share and 7 million viewers. Number 3 was UEFA league with 1.6 million viewers and a 7% share.

MMA (I think Bellator) pulled 500k viewers this week too. Really not sure if it's Bellator but it took place on 04.10.2013 if that rings a bell.

Pacquiao vs Provodnikov in Moscow, Russia makes sense.

Comment

Well that's 8.7 million people that will never watch boxing again

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Well that's 8.7 million people that will never watch boxing again
        Nah, Wlad and Vitali always score big ratings in Russia. They come back every time They're well used to it and know what to expect. The bros are usually one or two of the most watched sporting events in Russia.

And I know you're being sarcastic when you say that, but Prov vs Alvarado was right after that so they did come back for more.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
          Nah, Wlad and Vitali always score big ratings in Russia. They come back every time They're well used to it and know what to expect. The bros are usually one or two of the most watched sporting events in Russia.

And I know you're being sarcastic when you say that, but Prov vs Alvarado was right after that so they did come back for more.
          Vlad was boo'd when he came on the screen at the Golovkin fight. And 60%+ of the people there were from the Soviet Block. People are still pissed for his povetkin performance

Comment

Good for russia,, im glad that boxing is doing good there

Comment

Its too damn easy to say "boxing is dying", if you live in the US.. whenever I see the numbers from foreign places they are magnificent.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Vlad was boo'd when he came on the screen at the Golovkin fight. And 60%+ of the people there were from the Soviet Block. People are still pissed for his povetkin performance
                Do you mean actually from the former Soviet Block or NY-based Russians?

Comment

i feel sorry for russia

what a crap heavyweight fight.............

Comment

It's easy to say Russia had 7 million viewers for a fight when:

-PPV doesn't exist there.

-Premium cable channels that cost $7- $10 a month don't exist there.

It's a lot easier to get people to watch something when it's on free tv.

Comment

Working...
                    X