Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Wlad Klitschko rule the entire Boxing World if weight classes were abolished?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
    Ouch.

I don't think we're going to be the kind of veteran posting E-buddies that I hoped for.
    Don't give up so easy.. Maybe your next thread will contain quality and I will shower you with praise and nominate you for poster of the year..
    You control my opinion of you.. Just depends on what you want me to see.

Comment

You guys are insane. Someone like Kovalev and whoever the cruiserweight champ is would get punished by Wlad. If heavyweights can't handle Wlad and he's often too big for them, imagine weight classes under heavyweight. It would be an easy day in the office for Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Of course the idea is stupid.

Are basketball players punching each other in the face? No.
        To that statement i'll give you this

It's different fighting sport but in the early UFC when the rules were limited Royce gracie win it multiple times, winning fight Vs opponent 100lbs heavier than him.

I kinda wanna see that kinda fighting sports again. certainly they can have rules againts lowblow, scratching, headbutt, fish-hooking, hair pulling but no gloves, no weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          Wlad would struggle to control the HW division if the refs did their job

A large part of Wlads wins since his chin was exposed have come by way of clinching and leaning
          really???, man come on you are a khan fan, he fought just like wlad in his last fight.

back to the topic, call me crazy, but if that would happen i'll give KOvalev a chance to beat wladimir

Comment

Wlad would dominate all the light heavies, middleweights and lighter weight classes. As long as he stayed clear of the WBC contenders where all the punchers are sent at heavyweight.

Comment

Yeah. Until someone cracks that glass jaw of his.

Comment

I used to protest the fact that Wlad never gets included into the P4P rankings, but I've changed my opinion.

I think this is the right thing to do as he is the P4P king by default. He is the Champion of Champions. P4P is for the little guys. He doesn't need that recognition as it's understood that if weight classes didn't exist, he would demolish every P4P top 10 fighter.

As opposed to smaller guys beating him in a mythical match if size weren't a factor (yeah right).

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                  I used to protest the fact that Wlad never gets included into the P4P rankings, but I've changed my opinion.

I think this is the right thing to do as he is the P4P king by default. He is the Champion of Champions. P4P is for the little guys. He doesn't need that recognition as it's understood that if weight classes didn't exist, he would demolish every P4P top 10 fighter.

As opposed to smaller guys beating him in a mythical match if size weren't a factor (yeah right).
                  In boxing, the term pound for pound is historically associated with smaller fighters who were widely considered to be the most skilled fighters of their day (SRR and such).

A p4p list was created to distinguish them from the generally more popular (and better compensated) heavyweight champions.

Thus, stating that Wladimir is the pound for pound king because he'd beat anybody else is utterly ignorant at best.

Comment

Wlad probably pounds their skulls in...

But I would definitely watch a Kovalev - Klitschko or Ward - Klitschko

Comment

If you were under 6FT and nit Mike Tyson you wouldnt even take up boxing if there were no weight divisions.

So a guy like Floyd would be like an English Lit professor or something instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X