No announcement yet.

GGG Cannot Fight Going Backwards!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Sometimes it looks like to me that Golovkin wants to go onto the backfoot. Simialrly to how Cotto sometimes does who's also a fighter who can't fight well on the back foot.
    I think Cotto's pretty good on the backfoot. Well he was against Margarito anyway, he was winning the rounds easily, Tony was just too strong late though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      So why didnt he at least try
      He tried. He was fighting a greater fighter by two classes. It's like asking why no1 seems to try against Floyd. He's just way better.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
        I think Cotto's pretty good on the backfoot. Well he was against Margarito anyway, Tony was just too strong though.
        Only times where he's had to survive on the backfoot were against margarito 1, clotted and PAC and he looked very uncomfortable in those fights for long spurts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jloro View Post
          Quillin
          Sergio
          Chavez jr
          Ward
          Kessler
          Froch
          Bhop
          Lara
          Floyd
          (possibly)
          Cotto
          Murray
          lol quit trolling Jlor, or at least try and make it believable.

Comment

• When a fighter has Golovkin as an opponent, I think they are the ones who have to worry about fighting backing up more than him.

He is obviously strong. A fighter who is strong enough to push him back are going to have to walk through hell to do so. Not an easy task. He is very accurate and fighters seem to fall into a defensive mode when fighting him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              He tried. He was fighting a greater fighter by two classes. It's like asking why no1 seems to try against Floyd. He's just way better.
              He tried like 2-3 times in 5 second spurts. Combine all those in a row and he still wouldnt have won a round. He spent 99% of the fight going backwards, he could have at least tried pushing forward, i dont see whats so hard about that, especially since GOlovkin doesnt know what to do in that situation, right

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                whether they can or they can't, anyone that has a gameplan of going AT Golovkin to back him up is risking to get wrecked

that's entertainment for me and i like Golovkin's chances against most SMW if that's what they're gonna try to do
                I don't disagree with that necessarily. I'm just saying that hats e level where it would be a problem for him, against fighters of at caliber. So in a sense, it's something to talk about because it's been noticeable in a few fights now. Doesn't make him any less the truth because he is the top middleweight by far. But I have little interest in the fighters in that division.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                  lol quit trolling Jlor, or at least try and make it believable.
                  I'm dead serious that top half of the list beats him

Comment

• [QUOTE=-MAKAVELLI-;13899318]i noticed GGG cant fight doing cartwheels...the moment he has to do cartwheels, he gets exposed

i swear, the 5 seconds that Stevens wasn't Clottying it up, people think they found a blueprint

there is a pattern in EVERY Golovkin fight; they feel the power, then its retreat and survive mode...forget winning, just survive[/QUOTE]

there was a pattern to every manny fight at the lower weights,, vs barrera and jmm he would just come forward and blitz these guys, and score knockdowns, but then he ran into morales you could take his power, and push manny back and manny got beat up,, then manny started to box more and has greatly improved,,,,

GGG is a very tough guy, but he isnt the next floyd, or chavez, until he develops more off the backfoot,,,, right now he is crushing decent fighters like rosado, macklin, stevens, but he has yet to be in the ring with someone that can take his power,,, once he fights a guy that can take his power like a froch or bika, i think ggg will struggle alittle bit,,,,, Bute was wrecking guys but then he fought froch and was forced to go back and he got destroyed,,

Comment

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                      i don't see golovkins game as this great big maze to figure out. first thing....once he's in there with someone who can take his power (& if he moves up to 168 this will happen immediately) he becomes sloppy. all it takes is someone with a high output and a sturdy chin to potentially ruin golovkins day..........you can beat golovkin in multiple ways. a guy that keeps it in the center of the ring & beats him to the punch will outbox him. or you have guys like ward who will do both of these things through out the fight and would make it a massacre............

that's a big IF and is not a given...Vargas thought the same about a WW Tito moving up to JMW...that's why they took that fight...if that translates for GGG at SMW, then your entire theory is thrown off

the only difference might be; it'll be SMWs in survival mode...we wont know until it happens and to speculate as if it were a given is pretty stupid

Comment

Working...
                      X