Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Bute, Pascal Go Face To Face in Montreal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In that fight, Froch did what he had to do against a southpaw: Froch started behind his long jab. Bute came totally unprepared for such a game (!?!) and soon realized that he had no tools against Carl and immediately panicked... And Froch caught him with a big right as soon as the 2nd round... Not much to be said...

Comment

Pascal will flatten him.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Pascal will flatten him.
        One month ago, the odds were like this:
        Jean Pascal: -140
        Lucian Bute: +110

Comment

Bute is now at a weight that will suit him much better. I reckon that he takes Pascal to school and again becomes the amour of the quebecian housewifes.

Comment

I think Bute will win this and easily at that.

Pascal has decent strength, but he's not the power puncher his body will let you to believe. Unless Bute is completely shook from the Froch fight, he'll get through this.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              Bute never had a proper trainer -- in more than ten years, Larouche didn't teach Lucian anything about pro defense or fighting from inside. Because Larouche knows nothing of these... Bute is boxing the same way he was boxing at the amateurs. Bute was badly exposed and he knows that by himself, in my opinion... Even if he beats Pascal, Bute has nowhere to go with the Froches, Wards, Stevensons or Kovalevs at 168-175...

(I used to be a Bute's fan, because he's from my country.)
              I still maintain that Bute was never taught proper defense skills at a professional level. While being chinny, Lucian is too candid defensively when put under pressure... He's my compatriot, but this is the truth...

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                I think Bute will win this and easily at that.

Pascal has decent strength, but he's not the power puncher his body will let you to believe. Unless Bute is completely shook from the Froch fight, he'll get through this.
                Pascal looked pretty good in his last hit-out, Bute not so much against Grachev.

If Bute gets stopped he should hang them up.

Comment

Good for Pascal. He'll have a nice, stunning ko victory approved by his pops, B-Hop.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                    Pascal looked pretty good in his last hit-out, Bute not so much against Grachev.

If Bute gets stopped he should hang them up.
                    ... The Grachev fight was meant to serve as a "mental rehab" for Bute -- he wanted to prove himself that he can take punches... (I know that from a primary source...)

If Pascal stops Bute it's obvious that Lucian will retire...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      One month ago, the odds were like this:
                      Jean Pascal: -140
                      Lucian Bute: +110
                      Bute is the favourite over here also, I find it very strange.

I think Pascal will smash straight through him. Bute's chin looks terrible at this stage and Pascal's power is solid.

Comment

Working...
                      X