Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can GGG be a PPV star?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only needs a few big wins. Not over opponents like Stevens though. I would take a couple top fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      Only needs a few big wins. Not over opponents like Stevens though. I would take a couple top fighters.
      I thought I had bugs on my screen becuase of sig

Comment

It seems like it'll be tough for him to rise to that level but it's not his fault. He is doing good job well. I just think the whole eastern European aspect of him may be a bit of a roadblock unfortunately. When was the last time a further from that part of the world was a ppv star?

Comment

It will be hard for him because he wants a 70-30 split every time they offer a fight to a fighter in the top ten. No one will fight him with that and he won't become a superstar fighting guys outside the top 15 like he has.

Comment

Originally posted by .Mexico. View Post
            He probably can, I dont see why not the problem is their is no real ppv fighter anywhere near him that can give him that push and inital exposure.
            There are plenty near him (see below) since the guy is willing to fight from 154-168 but whether they'd be willing to take the bout is another matter. We know Froch would, but of course Froch is not a PPV draw in the US.

Canelo, Cotto, Mayweather, Froch, Chavez Jr...

Originally posted by atomicsad View Post
            It will be hard for him because he wants a 70-30 split every time they offer a fight to a fighter in the top ten. No one will fight him with that and he won't become a superstar fighting guys outside the top 15 like he has.
            This isn't accurate afaik. Didn't Golovkin get paid the same as Macklin?
            Last edited by Weebler I; 10-29-2013, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
              I thought I had bugs on my screen becuase of sig
              My cat attacks my screen when she sees it.

Comment

If he can get the better fighters in the ring and keeps knocking them out he can be a pay for view star.

Comment

He might need to fight one of the other champions to do that. Look at young B-Hop, he was a star but wasn't a ppv star til he fought Keith Holmes and Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
                    He has had a fan-friendly style so far, but does he have crossover appeal?
                    HBO seems to be giving hima mega push but that doesn't mean he will connect with casual fans or make them want to buy his fights for so much money. To my knowledge he hasn't headlined a major card in a full US arena (15 k seats plus) like any of the major ppv stars. He's also 31 and presumably doesn't have much of a career left.

That said, if he beat Sergio and JCC in 2014 and the ward in early 2015 he could become a consistent 350-500k ppv seller.

Comment

Definitely. He's a skilled, hard punching middleweight who has shown glimpses of charisma that would probably only increase with more exposure. How could he not be a PPV star if he's the truth and given a chance?

Comment

Working...
                      X