Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the "NOT" Fighter of the Year?

The Candidates:

Mickey Bey:

Got caught with a 30:1 Testosterone Ratio and then got KTFO with all of TMT sitting ringside.

Nonito Donaire:

Talked all last year about how Rigo wasn't "worthy to fight him" then gets schooled in an uneventful 1 sided fight. Then goes on after the fight making a bunch of lame excuses. Now is fighting on an undercard against Darchinyan, who he already KO'd at 126.

Chad Dawson

Went from lineal champ at 175 to getting slept in the first round

David Price

KO'd twice by a 41 year old man within a few months apart

Gary Russell Jr.

Turned down a fight with Ponce De Leon and instead continued his streak of fighting TBA's.
    Mickey Bey
    13.79%
    Nonito Donaire
    13.79%
    Chad Dawson
    24.14%
    David Price
    13.79%
    Gary Russell Jr.
    31.03%
    Other
    3.45%

Donaire and his "highly anticipated rematch" lmao

Comment

Please add fake JCC

Comment

IMO, GR JR wins on wasted potential and not fighting anybody other than TBA

Comment

Gar russell jr is simply a waste. he fights no one and takes months to decide to fight no one. why anyone would take him seriously going forward is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
            Please add fake JCC
            Can't believe I forgot him.

Comment

Toss up between any of these, aside from Donaire.

No shame in losing to Rigo.

Probably not Dawson, IMO, I wasn't as surprised that he got iced. I think the Ward fight killed him. David Price... meh, Thompson might be 41 but he's a top 5-10 HW, IMO. (unaware on Bey and the testosterone thing?)

I'm going to have to go with GRJ based on wasted potential and fighting Macy's stockroom associates.
              Last edited by King_; 10-25-2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I'm so tempted to say Donaire. Losing to Rigondeaux is one thing, you know, so what? Rigondeaux's a hell of a fighter. But to have your only other fight in the year be a pointless rematch with Vic Darchinyan? That's messed up.

Comment

Gary Russell JR simply because everyone else on that list fought someone with a pulse.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I'm so tempted to say Donaire. Losing to Rigondeaux is one thing, you know, so what? Rigondeaux's a hell of a fighter. But to have your only other fight in the year be a pointless rematch with Vic Darchinyan? That's messed up.
                    To be fair (obviously he's older now and would of made more sense a long time ago) Vic had a close fight with Mares since losing to Donaire and outclassed that Puerto Rican prospect in his last fight.

He's coming off a loss, personally I don't think this is a bad "tune up" fight.

With that said I called the upset and I think Vic will beat Donaire this time around. Book it. I'll take a bet if anyone's interested.

Comment

Working...
                    X