No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns Manager Says Beltran Rematch Nearly Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns Manager Says Beltran Rematch Nearly Done

According to manager Alex Morrison, WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns (36-2-1, 11KOs) will meet rival Ray Beltran (28-6-1, 17KOs) for a second time on a date in early February in Glasgow, Scotland. They first collided on September 7, where Burns was dropped in the eight and had his jaw badly broken. Burns went on to retain his title with a very controversial twelve round draw, which even the UK press disagreed with.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 10-25-2013, 03:54 AM.

Surgeons had to insert a steel plate in Burns’ lower jaw and it was a further two weeks before he got the news he was praying for, that his injury was healing.

However, Burns knows that while he is over the worst, he has still to find out if his jaw is strong enough to withstand heavy punches.

He could also be left with a lasting legacy of numbness in his lower mouth and jaw. He added: “Due to the fact that I carried on boxing, the bone was rubbing on the main nerve and that caused damage.

“The area is numb as if I had been given an injection by the dentist to freeze that part of my face and I’ve been warned that there is only a 50-50 chance that the feeling will come back.
    http://www.scotsman.com/sport/more-s...turn-1-3131763

Burns should hang them up imo, it's not worth it.

Comment

Respect, but probably not a good idea for Beltran to go back over there.

Comment

I gave Beltran every round the first fight. It was the worst robbery this year bar none

If they robbed him over there the first time I don't see why they wouldn't again

Beltran needs to go for the KO

Comment

Respect to Burns for owning up and giving Beltran a rematch, and respect to Beltran for going back, and fighting at the same place he was robbed in.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
            Respect, but probably not a good idea for Beltran to go back over there.
            Seriously.

The problem is, no one would pay to watch either of these guys in the US. Ricky Burns is popular in the UK and that's where the tickets are gonna sell.
            Last edited by seal; 10-25-2013, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Respect to Beltran, I think he knows what he needs to do this time 'round. Good to see Burns giving him the rematch, I just hope there is no controversy this time.

Comment

Originally posted by seal View Post
                Seriously.

The problem is, no one would pay to watch either of these guys in the US. Ricky Burns is popular in the UK and that's where the tickets are gonna sell.
                Does he make over 1 million dollars?

Comment

Should be a good one again. Hopefully the right man wins.

Comment

Respect to both guys. Beltran for going back to the place he was robbed. Burns for giving a rematch and fighting on after a very bad injury.

After the post fight interview he gave last time i hope Beltran gets the nod. The guy deserves it

Comment

Working...
                    X