No announcement yet.

Alvarado vs Provodnikov generates 1.2 million viewers on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    i streamed that ****...next month is the PAC fight...but before then GGG...gonna be a great month
    Yeah. On those fight nights you can eat a 6 foot sub, a blue whale fish sandwich, and a whole pig all by yourself right fat boy? #Slob

Comment

Good numbers.

The Marquez vs. Bradley replay certainly helped, there was a lot of competition on Television that night. Plus that UFC ppv that nobody bought.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        Yeah. On those fight nights you can eat a 6 foot sub, a blue whale fish sandwich, and a whole pig all by yourself right fat boy? #Slob

why dont you post your picture, Frank?

then i'll post mine and we'll see who the fat slob is

have your mom take your helmet off so we can see you

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          While I may not agree with his "excitement" "action" agenda, I agree with you 100%.

HBO has 8 of the top 10 p4p fighters on its network (floyd, danny garcia on sho). they can have a huge 2014.
          I agree, I'm all for having all out-action fights/brawls.... but I hope there isn't so much emphasis on having two guys duke it out like Prov-Bradley, Rios/Alvarado, etc, that guys like Rigo get shunned/pressured to change their style or they will get blackballed, etc. As long as they put the best fights possible - whether that means two highly regarded guys who you know are going to slug it out (prov, etc) or best fight possible as in two highly regarded guys who aren't going to slug it out (boxers) but are top class fighters (rigo, etc) I'm okay with it.

Rigo's got a fight and the showcased Crawford, etc, so I'm hopeful HBO isn't just going to go in a "all action" direction, I think a lot of people have just been spoiled with the KO's and such because a lot of the new HBO signing (while being good boxers) have just so happened to have devastating power (Golovkin, Adonis, Kovalev) I read a recent interview with SI and Hersh said he's just interested in the best possible fights (surely he knew Wlad wasn't going to slug it out with Povetkin?) so I'll hold him to that and hope he doesn't just mean best fights possible as in AKA only all out brawls, etc.

I will say the one thing HBO is doing now that I like is being open to bringing fighters over from lesser-known promoters and matching their big promoter- Top Rank, with out-of-house opponents (provodnikov, etc) We've seen a ton of different promoters on HBO this year- Thats the ONE thing I wish Showtime would do some more of, but I don't really see it.

Showtime is doing great as well and I must say I've never been a big fan of Greenburg, but they're putting on great in-house fights with GBP and it seems a lot of Showtime undercards have been better then most HBO undercards this year. I wish they would be open to working with other promoters but the "cold war" as much as it sucks and there's ridiculous fights that could be made if they worked together, has been good in regards to match making- both sides are putting on great shows due to the competition/pressure to outdo the other one.

Both networks have ton's of good fights to be made next year and 2014 will even top 2013, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy
            Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

HBO is dead. -Network warriors

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

so you wish boxing in hbo is dead? gtfo boxing fan wanna be
            You failed to comprehend my post. Go back and re read.

FYI my post was directed at people just like you.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              I'm just trying to figure out how mike got 13k people to show up lol
              1stBank Center seats 6.5k

Comment

Working...
              X