No announcement yet.

Broner will probably KO Maidana with a body punch, but he may do the Booty Dew

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    I believe Paulie has a better chin than Maidana and Paulie is stylistically a much harder fight for Broner cause he's a moving target. Maidana is tailor made for Broner. Broner won't be chasing Maidana cause Maidana will be right there in front of him. Maidana will there to be hit and Broner can really sit on his punches and fire away combinations and land lots of clean punches right on Maidana's chin. If Broner can handle Maidana's punching power then Broner has a good chance to not only win but to dominate and even knock out Maidana. Styles make fights and this is a perfect fight for Broner to shine.

Bradley is the type of fighter that Broner should avoid. Too much speed and movement. Broner wouldn't be able to get his punches off and be very inactive throughout the entire fight.
    Those are some very good points, but I'd like to point out a few things.

When I made the comparison, I wasn't speaking about chins, it was more about Maidana being closer to his prime than Paulie, who looked like crap against Cano where he should have lost. Yes Paulie is a better boxer than Maidana, but you're not factoring in the power difference. Broner will have more opportunities to land on Marcos but remember that being hit by Paulie (who had not trouble doing it) is a completely different thing than being hit by Maidana. Even on paper, I don't think it appears to be a cake walk for Broner. This might be an unpopular opinion but I think that Devon Alexander is better boxer than Broner.

Comment

People refuse to recognize & give the credit that Broner jumped up 2 divisions 2 win a belt at 147. Broner will beat anybody at 147 not named Floyd, Bradley, or Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
        please don't ignore the vital (and not at all horribly cringeworthy) reference to 'booty dew'
        You're mad that Hatton is primarily remembered from doing the 'Booty Dew'

Comment

Working...
        X