No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarado: I'm No Quitter, Wasn't Worth The Heath Risk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
    Any poster here couldn't handle a tenth of the punishment mike took last night. Ridiculous to call him a quitter. In retrospect this just makes Tim Bradley look even better.
    yeah except for the fact Bradley did not beat the Russian if all the knockdowns were counted. how come there is no rematch?? Bradley never beats anyone even old man marquez was a split decision

Comment

hes taken too much punishment, no need for that

Comment

He did quit but it was the best decision to make. Thanks Mike for a great fight, still a fan. PROV is a beast.

Comment

He is a warrior but he quit. Not to mention some of the fight he moved real fast away from the fight which suggest he was scared as ****.

Now we know why he delayed the contract and wanted more money.

Comment

There could be the view that there is a difference between quiting and retiring if so that was more the second option he was finished physically

Comment

for anyone that is bashing Mike saying he quit in a negative way...STFU

There's a difference from straight up quitting (Duran) and just getting the fight beaten out of you after giving your all (Alvarado).

Comment

Alvarado is no more of a quitter than Victor Ortiz was.

Comment

There's no way to get around it!!! He did quit!!! Fan or not good or bad. Mike quit plain and simple!!! Duran quit while standing and mike while sitting. He still quit!!!!

Comment

Quitting is quitting, but not all forms of quitting should be met with negativity. Cotto gave it his all against Margarito and people ripped him, I might have been one of those people because I couldn't stand his fans back then, I was wrong for it admittingly. Alvarado, Cotto both had nothing to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by BeGoodToMother View Post
                      He is a warrior but he quit. Not to mention some of the fight he moved real fast away from the fight which suggest he was scared as ****.

Now we know why he delayed the contract and wanted more money.
                      Scared? Now thats disrespectful. It takes tremendous courage to step through the ropes. He fought toe to toe with Rios and Prov.

When he was moving he was trying to compose homself because provs shots were hurting him. Thats called thinking. Not moving would of been stupid and he wouldnt of lasted as long.

Comment

Working...
                      X